If you’re an employer you might find the Always Open Position setting useful. This allows you to create vacancies that are never closed for specific vessels in your fleet.
This function is handy if you find you always have a shortage of certain ranks for certain vessel types. For example, no matter how many cadets you hire for your oil tanker, the position will remain open to save you from having to recreate the vacancy every time.
Here’s how to use this function.
How to use the Always Open Position function
Log into your Martide account and click on your profile picture in the right hand corner > Settings > Always Open Position:
That will take you to a page that looks something like this:
As you can see from our example, we have two current Always Open Positions. This means we are always looking for Bosuns for our car carriers and Chief Engineers for our bulk/oil carriers.
On this page you can:
- Add a new Always Open Position.
- Edit an existing Always Open Position.
- Delete an existing Always Open Position.
How to add a new Always Open Position
Click the blue Add button at the top left of the page. That will take you to this page:
On this page you can:
- Select a vessel type (bulk carrier, container ship, fishing vessel, gas tanker, heavy load carrier etc.)
- Select a rank (able seaman, cook, electrician, engine cadet, fitter, master, messman etc.)
- Select the Data Template you want to use for this Always Open Position.
- Select the Candidate Pool you want to use for this Always Open Position.
Note: You must have already created a Data Template and Candidate Pool to be able to create the Always Open Position.
In our example below you can see that we’re creating an Always Open Position for a Chief Officer on our chemical tankers.
Handy hint: you can add more than one rank to a vessel. In our example below, let’s say we always have trouble finding Deck Officers for our chemical tankers, so we’ve created Always Open Positions for all Officers:
Click the blue Save button when you’ve finished. Your new Always Open Position will now appear on the main page:
How to edit or delete an Always Open Position
To edit an existing Always Open Position, click on the blue pen and document icon (as seen in the image above) next to the position you want to make changes to.
That will open up the original position and you can make any changes to the vessel, rank, Data Template or Candidate Pool. Click Save when you’re done.
To delete an existing Always Open Position, click on the red trash can icon next to the position you want to remove.
A couple of notes about Always Open Positions
- You need to have previously created a Data Template and Candidate Pool to create an Always Open Position.
- No recruitment process will be created for Always Open Positions.
- All applied candidates will ONLY be added to a selected pool.
We hope this guide to Always Open Positions is helpful but if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected]