The Assignments page is where you can see vacancies (Assignments) that an employer has shared with your manning agency because they want your help finding a seafarer. Here's how to use your Assignments page.
Understanding the Assignments page
To get started, log into your Martide account and click on Assignments in the menu on the left hand side. You will be taken to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See the vessels, rank, how many candidates have applied, if any candidates are ex-crew, how many have been hired, the change over date, and the status.
- Filter Assignments by Vessel, Seafarer Rank, Change Over, Status, Applied Candidates and Visibility by clicking the buttons at the top of the page.
- Click on an Assignment to view its Pipeline details and add a candidate.
- Sort your Assignments from A-Z or Z-A or from 0-9 or 9-0 by clicking the 3 lines next to Vessel, Rank, Hired, Change Over or Status.
- Download a list of contracts to an Excel spreadsheet by clicking the download icon at the top.
How to view a Pipeline
On the main Assignments page, click on the name of a vessel to see its Pipeline:
That will take you to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See the names of candidates.
- See the Pipeline Stages for this Assignment.
- See which Stages of the Pipeline candidates are at.
- See who that Stage has been assigned to and who is a watcher (if anyone.) In our example the Stage is assigned to Kerluke-Dooley, a fictional manning agent, and there is 1 watcher.
- Approve the Pipeline Stage to move the candidate onto the next Stage or withdraw the candidate. (Note: you can only do this if the Stage is assigned to you.)
- View a candidate’s personal info and work history on the right hand side under their name and photo.
- Add a candidate or candidates by clicking the +Add candidate button.
How to apply a candidate to an Assignment
Click the +Add candidate button at the top of the page:
You will then go to this page - this is your Find Jobs page:
Here you can:
- See the vessel / contract / Assignment details on the left
- See the names of potential candidates, their rank, availability, status and whether they have their documents in order.
- Apply a candidate to the Assignment by clicking the Apply button on the right.
- Filter the candidates by General, Location, Personal, Employment & Work History, Medical, Documents, Status and Planning by clicking the boxes at the top.
When you click the Apply button you will see this page:
Click Next and you will see this page:
Click Apply seafarer and you will see this pop-up box:
If you definitely want to apply the candidate to the Assignment click the Add candidate button and you'll be taken back to this page where you’ll see the candidate is now applied to the Assignment:
How to track a candidate through the Pipeline
In our example we are going to approve Murphy Runolfdottir's Negotiation stage of the Pipeline:
Murphy, our example candidate, has agreed to the terms of Negotiation (salary, length of contract etc.) so we're going to approve this Stage of the Pipeline by clicking on the Approve this stage button. You will then see this:
Click on the next Stage to move along the candidate's Pipeline. In our example, it's Murphy's Document Validation:
Continue the process until you have hired or withdrawn your candidates.
Why is there is a missing interview stage in an Assignment?
Firstly, check the Pipeline's Settings to see if the interview stage has been created. Secondly, create a new Assignment because Pipeline changes are not reflected in Assignments or Recruitments that have already been created.
How to sort your Assignments
Changing the order of your Assignments makes it quicker to find them.
You can sort your Assignments by A-Z or Z-A or numerically by 0-9 or 9-0 by Vessel, Rank, Hired, Change Over, and Status. Click the 3 lines next to the headings to rearrange them:
How to filter your Assignments
If you have a lot of Assignments, filtering can help you quickly find the one you’re looking for.
You can filter your Assignments by Vessel, Seafarer Rank, Change Over, Status, Applied Candidates or Visibility:
When you click on any of the boxes above you will see a drop down menu that lets you create a filter. For example, if you click on the Visibility box you will see this:
Now you can filter by whether the Assignment is public or private.
To remove the filters, click the blue Filter button at the top. It will turn white and the filter options will disappear:
To get the filters back, click on the Filter button again.
To learn more about managing your candidates, take a look at this guide here. To learn more about the Seafarers page, click here.
We hope you've found this guide helpful but if you need any additional help, please get in touch with us here.