The Assignments page is where you can see vacancies (Assignments) that an employer has shared with your manning agency because they want your help finding a seafarer. Here's how to use your Assignments page.
Understanding the Assignments page
To get started, log into your Martide account and click on Assignments in the menu on the left hand side. You will be taken to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See the vessels, rank, how many candidates have applied, if any candidates are ex-crew, how many have been hired, the change over date, and the status.
- Filter Assignments by Vessel, Seafarer Rank, Change Over, Status and Applied Candidates by clicking the buttons at the top of the page.
- Click on an Assignment to view its Pipeline details and add a candidate.
- Sort your Assignments alphabetically or numerically by clicking the pyramid icon next to Vessel, Rank, Hired or Status.
How to view a Pipeline
On the main Assignments page, click on the name of a vessel to see its Pipeline:
That will take you to a page that looks like this. (In our example we’re keeping it simple with just one candidate):
Here you can:
- See the name of the vessel, the rank (Assignment) and date of crew change at the top.
- See the names of candidates.
- See which stages of the Pipeline candidates are at.
- View a candidate’s personal info on the right hand side under their name and photo.
- See the Pipeline Stages for this particular Assignment.
- Schedule an appointment or interview with the candidate by clicking the calendar icon.
- Add a candidate or candidates by clicking the +Add candidate button.
How to add a candidate to an Assignment
Click the +Add candidate button in the top right corner. You will then see this pop-up box:
Click on the Select box and a drop down list of all of your candidates and seafarers will appear. Choose the one(s) you want to add to the Assignment:
When you've finished adding candidates/seafarers click Save and you'll be taken back to this page where you’ll see the candidate(s) you’ve just added to the Assignment.
How to schedule an appointment
Click the calendar icon next to the name of the Pipeline stage:
That will show you this pop-up box:
Here you can:
- Enter the date of the appointment.
- Enter the time zone and the time of the appointment.
- Enter a reference number.
- Enter the type of appointment: Skype interview, phone interview, physical interview, medical exam, physical, salary proposal, sea service check or contract negotiation.
- Enter the location of the appointment.
- Add any notes.
- Click the Confirm Appointment button to save it in the system.
How to track a candidate through the Pipeline
In our example we are going to approve Tim Timpson's Document Validation stage of the Pipeline:
Here you can:
- See the stage of the Pipeline that this candidate is at.
- Click on any of the headings: Negotiation, Document Validation. English Test, Medical Check, Visa etc. to see which candidates are at that stage.
- Approve or Withdraw a candidate at any stage by clicking the buttons.
- Add another/more candidates.
Tim, our example candidate’s documents are all valid so we're going to approve this stage of the Pipeline. When you click the Approve button you will see this:
Scroll down the page and enter a note about this Stage in the Notes box and click Save when you're done. (You can also see the Pipeline Stages below this, for reference):
This will take you to the next stage in your Pipeline where you can continue the process.
How to sort your Assignments
Changing the order of your Assignments makes it quicker to find them.
You can sort your Assignments by A-Z or Z-A or numerically by Vessel, Rank, Hired, Change Over, and Status. Click the pyramid icon next to the headings to rearrange them:
How to filter your Assignments
If you have a lot of Assignments, filtering can help you quickly find the one you’re looking for.
You can filter your Assignments by Vessel, Seafarer Rank, Change Over, Status or Applied Candidates:
When you click on any of the boxes above you will see a drop down menu that lets you create a filter. For example, if you click on the Seafarer Rank box you will see this:
Now you can filter by rank.
To remove the filters, click the blue Filter button in the top right corner. It will turn white and the filter options will disappear:
To get the filters back, click on the Filter button again.
We hope you've found this guide helpful but if you need any additional help, please get in touch with us here.