In Martide you’ll find a Broadcasts feature that lets you send bulk emails to more than one seafarer at a time. This is useful if you need to send updates about anything from crew change dates to industry updates that may affect contracts. Here’s how to use Broadcasts.
Where to find the Broadcasts feature
Log in to your Martide account and click the little envelope icon in the top right corner of the screen:
That will take you to your message inbox, which looks like this:
Here you can:
- Look for a message or contact in the search box at the top.
- Sort by vessels, vessel groups, seafarers, or manning agents in the black side panel on the left.
- Type a message into the text box.
- Select a Message Template using the star icon.
- Add an attachment using the paperclip icon.
- Click View all seafarers to open up a sidebar showing all of your seafarer contacts.
- Click Message all seafarers to send a broadcast.
How to send Broadcasts
Click the Message all seafarers button. Your inbox will now look like this:
In the white side panel you can see a list of any draft broadcasts that you have not sent yet, with the most recent at the top.
To send a new message click + Add new message. That gives you a pop-up box that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Choose the manning agent or agents who represent your seafarers from the drop down menu. You can add as many manning agents as you like.
- Choose the nationality of the seafarers you want to send a broadcast to from the drop down menu. You can add as many nationalities as you like.
- Choose the employment status of the seafarers you want to send a broadcast to from the drop down menu. You can add as many statuses as you like.
Note: You do not have to select all 3 drop down boxes. So if you want to ensure ALL your seafarers receive a broadcast, regardless of manning agent, nationality or employment status you wouldn't need to select any. You can also choose any combination of manning, nationality or status. For example:
The box below the criteria tells you how many seafarers you are sending the broadast message to and changes accordingly.
When you’re finished, click the Apply button and you will be taken to this screen where you can type the subject of your broadcast into the text box. In our example we’re sending a message about a crew change date:
Click Back to return to the previous pop-up box, Cancel to cancel the broadcast and Save to return to your inbox where you can type and send the broadcast:
Here you can:
- See the draft of the broadcast at the top of the side panel on the left.
- See the details we entered into the pop-up box (manning agency, nationality and employment status.)
- See the number of seafarers who will receive the broadcast.
- Amend any of the details by clicking the Change button.
- Type your broadcast into the text box at the bottom of the page (see below.)
- If you want to use an email template click the star icon.
- To add an attachment, click the paperclip icon.
Click Send when you’re finished. The broadcast will appear in a new thread above the text box:
We hope you’ve found this guide to broadcasts useful and we also hope you get lots of use from the feature itself. However, if you do experience any difficulties, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]