Welcome to Martide's monthly update of everything we've been working on to make our platform easier to use, more intuitive and more useful!
Released on June 1st, 2020
- We have fixed some bugs in the Crew Change page.
- We have also fixed some bugs in the Broadcasts feature.
- And we've fixed a bug in the Import Candidates Excel function.
- We have designed and launched a brand new home page on our website.
- We have designed and launched a brand new About Us page on our website.
- We have redesigned the seafarer jobs page: you can see all vacant jobs at sea on the Seafarers page underneath Who We Serve, and you can search for specific maritime jobs on the Jobs page.
- We have created a new Status page where you can see how well Martide's website is running or if there any operational issues.
Released on May 5th, 2020
- We have introduced the concept of Candidates and Seafarers to make it easier for employers to differentiate between people who have worked for you (Seafarers), and people who have applied for one of your vacancies (Candidates).
- We’ve fixed a number of bugs in the Message inbox.
- We’ve also fixed some bugs in the Mass Messaging function.
- Alternative Documents have been completely redesigned and now work correctly with the new Data Templates design.
- We’ve fixed some bugs in the mobile app, both in iOS and Android.
- We’ve split the Martide blog into two different blogs: one for Employers / Manning Agents and one for Seafarers.
- We’ve launched a brand new feature called Crew Change. This helps you easily manage your on- and off-signers as well as request flights, send the details to the Port Agents, and get confirmation from your seafarers.
Released on April 6th, 2020
- We have made it so that candidates will be notified when they have been added to a vacancy by an employer
- Bug fixes on the Messenger function
- The Data Templates function has been completely redesigned
- We’ve launched a new design for Notifications - users can now see when they’ve been sent a message, if documents need to be updated, plus other things to complete or do
- Bug fixes on the Notifications feature
- We’ve launched a new feature highlighting Manning Agent Metrics
- New feature, Mass Messaging, has been created and launched that will push messages out to large groups of users
Released on February 27th, 2020
- We introduced Candidate Source and Manning By to allow us to identify who created a candidate and then assign the relevant manning agent to them in the system.
- Various issues in the new messaging feature have been fixed.
- A link between the Recruitment Page and the messaging function has been added.
- The ability to override Stages in Recruitment has been fixed and the override button now functions as intended.
- The list of vessel types has been simplified.
- Dental Reports has been added to the list of medical documents.
Released on January 30th, 2020
- Candidates are now able to see and manage their appraisals.
- The mobile app now supports intermediary bank details.
- The export PDF of candidate resumes now shows a vessel’s engine type and power.
- A new feature in the recruitment pipeline called Questionnaires has been created so employers can ask candidates questions during the recruitment process. Questions can be formatted in different ways e.g. multiple choice or checkboxes.
- Employers have an Answered Questionnaires area to see completed surveys in one place.
Released on December 30th, 2019
- On the mobile app candidates can view the rank when applying for a position.
- The metric links on the employers’ dashboard now correctly display the candidates who have applied for jobs and who have been recently hired.
- The mobile app now accepts additional document types to make it easier for candidates to apply to jobs.
- The messages inbox has been completely redesigned and is much easier to use.
Released on November 30th, 2019
- The Company Directory on the website now includes more information about the employers and manning agents we work for and with.
- Now documents do not have to have a specified end date.
- Employers and manning agents can add a seafarer to multiple candidate pools.
- The email notifications received by manning agents now show the rank and vessel name in the headline/title.
- 'Readiness Date' has been changed to 'Availability Date' to make it clearer when a candidate is available to start.
Released on October 31st, 2019
- Employers and manning agents are now sent an alert if they try to add the same seafarer to more than one job vacancy.
- A vessel’s flag information has been added into the PDF CV for seafarers.
- A basic integration for the ATPI travel agency has been built.
- The vessel’s flag has been added to the Recruitment page.
- Employers and manning agents now have the ability to print out the questions and responses for an interview.
- Users now have the ability to rotate attachments.
- Rank, Gender, Airport and Phone Number have been added to Data Templates.
- Minor bugs have been fixed to make the dashboard work better.
Released on October 4th, 2019
- It's now possible to drag and drop a file from your computer to upload it.
- When searching for a candidate or vessel etc you can now type what you’re looking for and hit enter. The option to select several values from the dropdown is still there.
- All documents are now presented in their original size when previewed.
- The complete start and end dates of a contract are now displayed in a candidate’s work history section in their profile.
- Candidates now receive an email when an employer or manning agent has applied them to a job vacancy.
- The engine KW info has been added to a vessel’s details and to a candidate’s work history.
- In the advertisement stage when creating a new position, employers can leave instructions for manning agents and job descriptions for candidates.
- If an employer or manning agent applies a candidate for a vacancy but they already have an active position the system will show a warning notification.
- On the Negotiation page, an employer can select any currency for the agreed salary, even if a different currency is used in the position’s budget.
- On the Dashboard page employers can see a list of candidates who have/have been applied to a vacancy or hired for a position by clicking the relevant number.
- The list of permissions in the User Groups feature under Settings has been renamed to match their page titles.
- The type of vessel is now displayed on the job detail page on a manning agent’s side.
Released on August 21st, 2019
- On the Candidate page employers can choose a manning agent to manage a new candidate.
- To make a candidate an ex-crew member within the system, users can set the Ex-Crew option in the candidate profile's 'personal section'.
- Change over date is now displayed next to each position on the Position page. Closed positions are no longer displayed using a dropdown menu.
- Employers can save the tracking number on the Contract Sign page and also see the tracking number that was set by a manning agent.
- Employers can include instructions for manning agents on a Position Creation page.
- On the Fleet page, users can search vessels by IMO and sort them by 'Creation Date'.
- The list of documents on the Data Template page is now sorted by name.
- Redesign of the search filters on the Recruitment and Candidates pages for employers and manning agents.
- Engine details can now be exported to a candidate's CV.
- Engine stroke info added to the Jobs page on the manning agent side.
- Manning agents and Supporters now receive email notifications when the candidate has moved to a stage they manage (outsourced stage).
- In the work history section users can edit previously suggested vessels or suggest a new vessel even if the IMO is already taken.
- Email notification improvements.
- API improvements.
Released on July 11th, 2019
- In 'Work History', the user who created the page can now select a vessel from the dropdown menu. DWT, IMO and engine info for the vessel is added automatically.
- If there are no required vessels in the dropdown, users can add one via the Suggest a vessel link. Once approved, it will be available to all users.
- Employers and manning agents can now see a candidate's work experience summary sorted by rank and vessel type.
Released on June 25th, 2019
- Employers can see and manage medical documents that were uploaded by a manning agent or supporter.
- On the Dashboard page, employers can now click on a 'new candidates counter' and see a list who was applied or hired to a position.
- Manning agents and Supporters can manage and approve the 'Interview' and 'Approve' stages of a recruitment process if an employer has allowed them to.
- Settings link has been moved to the Profile and is accessible by clicking on the user's avatar. All settings options are now displayed on a separate page.
- Comments and 'Martide option' added to the 'Advertising stage' on the Recruitment Creation page.
Released on June 3rd, 2019
- Registering as a 'Ship Owner' is now available and allows employers to register a company by themselves.
- Employers can now send messages to a manning agent who sourced a candidate. 'Manning agent chat option' is now available at each step of a recruitment process.
- Only Martide company users can see and manage candidates who create an account by themselves.
- Employers can select the 'Martide' option at the advertising stage within the process of creating positions to ask us to find candidates.
- If an applied candidate passes the 'Interview stage' and is then moved to a similar position that uses the same pipeline, employers no longer need fill out the same interview answers as they will be automatically transferred.
- Employers now receive Change Over Date Reminder emails when there are 7 and 2 days left before the date, as well as 1 day after the date.
- If a candidate is hired by an employer and they decide to apply the candidate to another position, the manning agent will be notified by email.
- Manning agents can now edit shipment details on the Shipment page.
- New design for the Recruitment page.
- Search option is no longer case sensitive.
- Download icon is now displayed next to each document in the system.
- If a document entry has several attachments previews for all of them will be displayed.
- Timezone of all messages now converts accordingly to the user’s timezone. This can be managed in Profile -> Settings.
- 'Availability Date' renamed to 'Readiness Date'.
Released on May 6th, 2019
- Employers can export a candidate's CV with the Export PDF button on the Candidate Profile page.
- Employers can view manning agent fees at Settings -> Manning Agents.
- Employers can set all necessary info in the 'Engine files' for each vessel. The field is now supported as a usual text input.
- Employers can upload edit-protected and password-protected files.
- Employers can choose Furuno FEA or Furuno FMD as the ECDIS instead of Furuno.
- Employers can set any currency for a salary.
- Candidates can now subscribe for new job notifications on the Find Job page. Notifications are based on search results as set by the candidate.
- A Supporter now has access to all candidates who applied for the Supporter's vessel's positions.
- Supporters name now displayed for all positions that are created for the Supporters' vessel.
- The system now imports Qualifications Licenses, Medical Examinations, Qualifications Certificates, Training Experience and Next Of Kin data from NSE.
Released on April 2nd, 2019
- New document types have been added to the system. The full list of documents is displayed in a candidate's profile on the Document Edit page and in Settings -> Data Templates.
- It is now possible to add several attachments per one document entry.
- The system now only requires zip codes for countries that use them.
- Employers can browse closed jobs.
- Employers can edit the agreed salary at the Negotiation stage, but only if the recruitment is still in process.
- Excel import now supports work history. Example of an import document available for employers and manning agents is on the Candidates page. To download it click Import Candidates -> Download Example File.
- The system now imports the following data from NSE: personal profile, next of kin, qualifications, licenses, medical examinations and training experience.
Released on February 27th, 2019
- Employers can now search for candidates using first name only, last name only or telephone number.
- Candidates can now view message history by clicking on the Message button under Settings.
Released on February 6th, 2019
- Martide company users now have manning agent functionality and can apply candidates to any public position.
- Employers and manning agents can now import candidates via an Excel document using the Import Candidates button on the Candidates page
- Employers and manning agents can combine candidates in pools for easy search and access by first creating a pool in Settings -> Candidate Pools. Users can then add a candidate to the pool on the same page or in the candidate profile. The search option 'Pool' has been added to the Candidate page to search for candidates within a selected pool.
Released on January 25th, 2019
- Employers can now see candidates that have registered themselves in the system and have set their Job Status as 'Actively looking' or 'Open But Not Actively Looking'.
- Employers can now add several Alternative Document entries per rank.
Released on January 15th, 2019
- A 'Work Experience' section has been added to the search filters on the Candidates page. Now an employer can search seafarers by Rank, Years of experience and Vessel Type based on work history.
- A new search option has been added to the Recruitment page which allows employers to search positions where candidates of a specific age have applied.
- The subject line in the notification email that informs an employer about required action at the Interview Stage now contains detailed information about a position.
- Employers now have access to a new Reports -> Onboard page where information about all hired candidates is displayed inc. vessel, position, name, and contract expiry date.
Released on January 7th, 2019
- Employers can now skip any chosen stages in the recruitment process for ex-crew by going to the Pipeline settings and turning on the Ex-Crew switch for stages that their ex-crew can skip.
- Minor search improvements.
Released on December 18th, 2018
- Employers can now select a group that will be responsible for each interview stage - e.g. a general interview can be managed by Group 1 and a technical interview by Group 2
- Each group will receive an email notification when a candidate has moved to the interview stage
- Selection of the 'Interview Kit' for each interview has been moved from the recruitment creation page to Settings -> Pipelines.
- The 'responsible group' can also be selected in Settings -> Pipelines.
Released on December 13th, 2018
- CFM can now extract information about hired candidates via API.
- Employers can use an extended list of tags for a message and contract templates - they now cover all candidate profile information.
- Employers can now accept candidates during recruitment stages even if not all of the required information has been set. This feature can be enabled on the User Group page by turning on the 'Can be used for override pipeline approval' switch for a selected user group.
Released on December 10th, 2018
- Candidate no longer needs 'Flag State Endorsement' and 'Seaman Book (Flag State)' to apply. These documents can be added during the recruitment process.
- Employers can now use the search option on each page where a list of entries is presented.
- Employers can now add 3rd party users (Supporters) that manage chosen vessels and associated recruitments.
Released on December 4th, 2018
- Employers can now add flight information on a recruitment page. Information like airports, dates, times, flight numbers and total price can be set in the Flights Pipeline stage and be sent to a candidate by email once the employer has confirmed flight details.
Released on November 29th, 2018
- Employers can set a list of alternatives for each document to simplify the process of hiring more qualified candidates. The list of alternative documents can be managed at Settings -> Alternative Documents. Each list is set for a specific rank and can be used only if an employer created a position for the exact rank.
Released on November 15th, 2018
- An employer can set minimum work experience for a position based on a candidate’s total offshore time on a vessel of the same type. Experienced candidates can be separated by the 'Only show candidates with required work experience' button on the Recruitment page.
- Employers can add teammates to groups on the User Group page and set unique permissions for each.
- Employers can control each recruitment process by adding a new 'Approval stage' into a pipeline. A member of the User Group can then re-check a candidate and approve them to continue the hiring process
- If an outdated or an unsupported browser is used to search for Martide an error message will be displayed.
- The salary for each position is hidden and can only be viewed when a candidate passes the ‘Negotiation stage’ of the recruitment process.
- Errors identified and corrected.
Released on October 15th, 2018
- Employers can give a manning agent full access to certain recruitment stages by going to the pipeline settings and setting the stages to ‘Outsourced’. The manning agent must first be chosen to advertise the position.
- Employers can let candidates of specified nationalities skip the English Test by adding these nationalities to the ‘English Exception list’.
- Employers can now move the ‘Negotiation stage’ to any point in the recruitment pipeline.
- Employers can view the updated design of a Candidate Profile page.
- New ranks have been added: “Electrical Technical Officer” and “Junior Electrician”.
- A user can now search for an airport by both name and IATA code.
- 'Trading Area field’ has been added to the position description and can be edited by an employer on the Recruitment Creation page.
- Manning agents will now receive a notification email after they have been chosen by an employer to advertise their position.
- Errors identified and corrected.
Released on September 15th, 2018
- Users can now see previews of all uploaded documents and images before they go live on the website.
- A name field for Documents is no longer required.
- Blood Type field has been added to the Physical Specification section.
- The Master Document is separated into three sections based on tonnage.
- Employers can now upload several English Test results for each candidate.
- Employers can navigate to a Candidate page by clicking on the candidate name on the Recruitment page.
- Employers can set just the Interview Stage in a pipeline instead of Physical Interview and Skype Interview.
- Employers can set Marital Status and Gender as required on a data template page.
- Candidates can add all required information and upload documents on an Application page.
Released on August 15th, 2018
- New homepage design.
- An Employer page has been added with a list of key values of the product for employers.
- Messaging system improvements.
- Employers can now add teammates to a company profile and resend invites if needed.
- Employers can see the list of new applicants by clicking on the 'New Applicants' number on the Dashboard page.
- Employers can use tags like 'first name' or 'address’ to create a message or contract templates. All information will be added to a message or contract from the candidate’s account automatically.
- Employers can specify the number of required candidates for each position by managing the 'Quantity' value in recruitment settings.
- Employers can import a list of candidates to the system using an NS5 file.
- New Application page design.
- List of jobs on the Find Job page are now filtered according to the current candidate rank.
- Candidates can now withdraw an application on the My Job page.
Released on June 28th, 2018
- All medical documents are now displayed on the 'Medical Check stage' of the recruitment process.
- An employer can see which candidates were previously hired on the Candidates page.
- Improvements made to the English Test function.
- The Failed Questions document is no longer required at the English Test stage.
- Test Result documents are now stored in the User Profile and can be edited by an employer.
- Employers now can see a table on the Dashboard page displaying information about new applicants, applications and hired candidates.
- Improvements made to the search function on the Find Job page for candidates.
- Candidates now have a 'History section' on the My Job page where previous positions are displayed.
- Errors identified and corrected.
Released on June 1st, 2018
- New email design.
- Pipeline creation and functionality reworked. It's now much easier for an employer to create a custom recruitment process.
- Errors fixed and improvements made.
Released on May 22nd 2018
- New design for candidates which is also adapted for mobile devices.
- Candidates can see details of the recruitment process on the My Job page.
- Employers can now choose a manning agent for advertising their position.
- Employers can now see the number of applied and hired candidates for each position on the Recruitment page.
- Employers can now see the source of each candidate.
- Other minor fixes.
Released on April 30th 2018
- Candidates can set 'Offshore' or 'Ashore' status in their profile.
- Metric types have been added for Physical Specifications section in a candidate profile.
- Improved interview responses for the employment process.
- Improved Dashboard page for employers showing all information about new applicants.
- Position search fixes.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Released on April 23rd 2018
- Errors identified and corrected within the recruitment process and password restore functionality.
- Improvement of appointments, messages and visas in Recruitment.
- Directory pages have been added with lists of all companies, vessels, and positions.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.