If you need more flexibility when uploading your candidates’ certifications, the Component Documents feature will help. It gives you the ability to upload different document combinations into the Martide system.
What are Component Documents?
For example you could upload a single Medical Check document, or you could instead upload Alcohol & Drug Check, Dental Check and Yellow Fever documents as the main document’s components.
You just need to tell the system which documents you want to take the place of the original.
Here’s how to do that.
Log in to your Martide account and click on your profile picture in the top right corner > Settings > Component Documents:
That will take you to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Create a new Component Document.
- Edit or delete an existing Component Document.
How to add a new Component Document
Click the blue Add button at the top of the page. It will take you to this page:
Here you can:
- Select the original document from the drop down menu.
- Select the component documents that make up that original document from their drop down menu.
For example, we are going to create a Component Document for Basic Safety Training:
The documents that we will accept as components of the original Basic Safety Training document are EFA (Elementary First Aid) and FF (Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting):
Click Save when you’re finished adding the component documents. That will take you back to the main page where you can see your new entry:
You can add as many Component Document entries as you like and you can add as many actual component documents within an entry as needed.
How to edit or delete a Component Document
- To change an entry (for example if you want to add more, or remove current component documents), click Edit.
- To delete an entry complete, click Delete. You won’t be given a warning so make sure you really do want to delete it!