Martide have created the Crew Change feature to simplify what can be a complex issue for many small to medium sized shipping companies. Here’s how to use Crew Change to your advantage.
Introduction to the Crew Change page
Log in to your Martide account. In the top header bar you will see Crew Change. Click it:
You will then see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Find a vessel by typing its name into the Search bar.
- Add a new Crew Change.
- Edit or delete an existing Crew Change.
- Change the status of a Crew Change by selecting In Progress, Pending, Cancelled or Completed from the drop down box on the right.
How to add a new Crew Change
Click on the blue button on the top right that says +Add new. That will show you a pop-up box that looks like this:
In our example above, our vessels are called vessel1, vessel2 etc but your drop down will show the names of your vessels that you’ve entered into the system.
Choose the vessel you want to create a crew change for then click the Select button. That will take you to this:
Enter your crew change date and click the Add button.
That will take you to a new Crew Change page. It looks like this:
Here you can:
- Select the airport a seafarer is to leave from.
- Select the status of the crew change: Pending, In Progress, Cancelled, or Completed.
- Select the port the crew change will take place at.
- Enter the port agent’s email address.
- Enter the berthing date.
- Enter the berthing time.
How to add on- and off-signers
Below that you can select your off signers and on signers. To do so, click on +Add Off Signers. That will open up a pop-up screen with a list of all seafarers currently on the vessel. If you have no one to sign off the pop-up looks like this:
Here you can:
- Search for a seafarer’s name in the Search bar.
- Filter seafarers by rank, candidate pool or status (Active, Applicant, Retired etc)
- Select the seafarer who is off signing. They will appear on the main screen.
Next click on +Add On Signers. If you have on signers, the pop-up box looks like this:
You can see from our example above that we have checked the box next to Ferdinand Magellan. When we click the blue Add To On Signers button at the bottom, he will appear on the main page:
Next to the seafarer’s name you can see 4 icons:
- Airplane: when this is bold, it tells you whether flights have been booked.
- Document: when this is bold, it tells you that all documents are correct.
- Passport: when this is bold, it tells you that the seafarer holds the correct visa(s).
- Contract: when this is bold, it tells you that the contract has been signed.
Click on the down arrow to open up more information:
Here you can see that:
- The contract length has not been set yet.
- The seafarer’s home airport is LIS (Lisbon, Portugal).
- His passport information still needs to be entered into the system.
- You can delete that seafarer from the on signer list by clicking the red Delete button.
To delete an entire Crew Change scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red Delete this crew change button:
We hope that this guide helps you get the most from our Crew Change feature but if you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected]