A seafarer / candidate's User Profile contains uploaded copies of the professional, medical and travel documents that they need to hold for a position. This makes it easier for you, as an employer, to quickly check that paperwork is in order.
Introduction to the Documents page
To check a seafarer's documents log into your Martide account and click on Documents in the menu on the left hand side of the page. That will take you to the Documents page:
Here you can:
- See all your vessels, the ranks on that vessel, the seafarer in that rank, their location (ashore or off shore), and their estimated disembarkation date.
- You can also see which documents each seafarer has by clicking the black down arrow on the right of an entry.
- View a seafarer's User Profile by clicking on their name.
- Filter your search by Vessel name, Vessel Group, Rank, First Name, Last Name, Location, Expired After and Documents by clicking on the white boxes at the top of the page.
- Sort your results by A-Z or Z-A by clicking the pyramid icon next to Vessel, Rank or Name.
How to check a seafarer's documents
Click the black down arrow to the right of the entry / seafarer you want to check:
That will open a drop down list of the seafarer's documents:
Here you can:
- See a seafarer's certificate type, the document, its start and end dates and its number.
- Click on the red paperclip icon to edit, enter or upload a document and to see its country of issue.
How to edit, enter and upload documents
Click on the red paperclip icon (see image above) and you will see this pop-up box:
In our example, we've clicked on the paperclip next our imaginary seafarer Victor Hill's Cook Qualification.
Here you can:
- Select a different document type from the drop down menu.
- Edit the document number.
- Select a different country of issue from the drop down menu.
- Edit the date of issue and the date of expiry.
- Upload an attachment by clicking +Add attachment on the right hand side.
- Click Save when you're done.
How to filter your search on the Documents page
On the main Documents page click on one or more of the filters at the top of the page:
You can filter by: Vessel Name, Vessel Group, Rank, First Name, Last Name, Location, Expired After and Documents.
When you click on a filter it will bring up a pop-up box. For example, this is what you will see if you select the Rank filter:
Now you can filter the results by rank so that you only see (for example) your Second Officers.
To hide the filters click on the blue Filters button at the top right of the page:
If you click on this the filter boxes will disappear:
To bring them back, simply click on the Filters button again.
You can also filter using the ‘pyramid’ icon next to Vessel, Rank and Name:
However this will only change the order in which the entries are listed alphabetically. For example the default setting is to list from A through Z. If you click on the icon, it will reverse that so they are listed Z through A.
We hope you've found this guide to documents useful but if you need any help, please get in touch here.