When you log in to your Martide account you will notice that there are links in the navigation bar both for Candidates and for Seafarers. So what’s the difference between them?
Candidates and Seafarers mean slightly different things depending on whether you’re a shipowner / manager or a manning agent. This is what they mean to you as a shipowner or manager and what you can and can’t do in Martide’s platform with these two groups.
The difference between Candidates and Seafarers
- A Seafarer has previously been hired by you - i.e. they are ex-crew.
- You can apply a Seafarer to your vacant positions.
- You cannot create a new profile for a Seafarer.
- A Candidate is a profile that has just been created, someone who has applied for a position by themselves, or who has been applied to a position by a manning agent.
- You can apply a Candidate to your vacant positions.
- You can create a new profile for a Candidate (on the Candidates Page.)
- To read more about what you can do on the Candidates Page, click here.
- To read more about what you can do on the Seafarers Page, click here.
- To understand the Candidates Page from a manning agent’s side, click here.
- To understand the Seafarers Page from a manning agent’s side, click here.
- To read the manning agent’s version of this page, click here.
Of course if you would like any other help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here.