Being able to communicate in English is crucial for seafarers which is why we created the English Test feature. This makes it easier for you to see which of your candidates have knowledge of the language so you can decide whether to consider them for a vacancy. Here’s how to get the most out of the feature.
How to use the English Test feature
Log in to your Martide account and go to your profile picture in the top right corner. Click on your pic and then choose Settings from the drop down box. When you click on Settings you will see some icons. Choose English Test:
When you click on English Test you will see this page:
Here you can:
- Choose which countries you want to be able to skip the test. For example, if you hire seafarers from countries that have English as a native or second/official language you might not want candidates from those countries to have to take the test. You can add as many exempt countries as you like. Candidates from those countries will not see the test in their recruitment pipeline.
- Select an English Test from the list. (If you do not see the English Test you require, please contact [email protected] to add one.
- Enter the minimum score that anyone taking the test must achieve. This score is your pass/fail rate.
How to check a candidate’s English Test score
Go to the Candidates Page and you will see a list of all of your applicants.
Click on a seafarer’s name and you can see all their information. Scroll down the page and you’ll find the English Test section on the right hand side of the page about halfway down:
Click the plus + sign next to English Test to view the seafarer’s results. You will see a pop-up box that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Select the English Test you used.
- Enter the candidate’s test score.
- Upload the candidate’s results/correct answers.
- Upload the candidate’s failed test results (if they have any.)
- If the candidate got a perfect score and didn’t fail any questions, slide the No failed questions button so it shows green. That screen looks like this:
Notes about the English Test feature
- You can upload as many English Test results for each candidate as you want.
We hope you’ve found this page about using the English Test function useful but if you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]