There are a few different stages to creating a job and managing your candidates so we’re going to walk you through them to get you started.
Understanding your Recruitment page
Log in to your Martide account using your email address and password. Click on Recruitment in the header bar at the top and you’ll be taken to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Look for a vessel, rank, or candidate by using the Search box at the top.
- See your vessel, the position, how many candidates have applied, whether or not any ex-crew have applied, how many candidates you've already hired and the crew change over date.
- Show, edit or close a position.
How to create a new vacancy
To create a new vacancy click the Create Recruitment button on the top right as seen in the image above. You will then see this page:
Here you can:
- Use the drop down functions to enter the vessel name, the rank of the position you are creating, and the Candidate Pipeline you want to align with the job.
- Add the crew change date and listing expiry date.
- Add the vessel trading area.
Scroll down the page and you’ll see sections for Budget, Contract Length, Experience and Visas. Set these as per your requirements.
Note: The Visa box lets you add as many visas you need a candidate for that vacancy to hold.
When you’re done, click Save & Continue:
How to advertise your vacancy
You will be taken to the Advertising section. It looks like this:
As you can see from the image above, you have two options:
- Public: After posting a public position, your basic requirements will be displayed on Martide’s job page. We’ll look for candidates for your position by checking our database. Candidates can also apply directly.
- Martide: This lets you send your vacancies to manning agents. Unlike public vacancies, agents will be able to see all the information you included in your Data Template.
In our example above the Public option is turned off and the Martide option is activated (showing green). To change the settings, slide the button across.
Please note that unless you have used Alternative Documents to override your Data Template, only candidates holding all relevant documents will be able to apply.
If you are using manning agents, you can now select which agencies you want to help you find crew for your position. Choose the agents you want by sliding the button over so it shows green:
Tip: If you don’t see one of your manning agents in this section, go to Settings (under your profile pic in the top right corner of the screen) and select Manning Agent. There you can choose the manning agents you want to see as an option.
If you scroll down further the Advertising section you will see two text boxes. Here you can leave notes for your manning agents and candidates:
When you're finished click the Save & Continue button at the bottom of the page. You will return to the main Recruitment page and your new position will appear at the top of the list.
For a more in-depth look at your Recruitment page, including how to show, edit and delete vacancies and how to keep track of candidates, take a look here.
We hope you've found this guide helpful but if you need any additional help or if you experience any technical difficulties please get in touch with us here.