Log into your Martide account. You will see your User Profile page, which looks something like this:
How to search for a job
To start your job search, click Find Job at the top of the menu on the left hand side (see image above.) It will take you to a page that looks like this:
Because our example seafarer is a Third Engineer the page shows him all the available Third Engineer jobs. It will show you positions for your rank but you can also delete the rank in the search box and search all jobs.
Here you can:
- See vacancies for your rank.
- Search for other ranks.
- See all of Martide's current seafarer job vacancies by scrolling down the page.
- Click in the Select rank box and select a rank from the drop down menu. Then click the Find Jobs button. You can add as many ranks as you like.
- Click in the Select vessel type box and select a type of vessel from the drop down menu. Then click the Find Jobs button. You can add as vessels as you like.
- Sign up for notifications when more jobs for the rank(s) and vessel(s) you are interested are posted by clicking the Subscribe button on the right hand side:
That will then tell you You have subscribed to this search:
How to apply for a job
When you find a job you‘d like to apply for, click on the rank or on view more. That will take you to a page showing the vacancy’s details, like this:
Here you can:
- See information about the job including the company, fleet size, vessel type, vessel name, engine type, DWT, ECDIS etc.
- See the join date and contract length.
- See how many days until the join date (in the red box in the corner - see above.)
- Apply for the job by clicking the blue Apply button at the bottom of the page.
You will be taken to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See if there any requirements to apply to this job. In our example there aren't.
- Type a message to the employer in the text box.
- Click the blue Apply button when you're finished. Your application will be sent automatically.
What to do if your profile is missing information
When you click the Apply button, you might see a message like this that tells you you need to update or add some information:
In our example, our seafarer needs to add his work history and his address to his User Profile. This will give him a better chance of being offered an interview for the position.
To update missing information, go to your User Profile by clicking on Martide at the top of the menu on the left hand side:
You can add or edit the sections in your User Profile by clicking the blue plus sign (+) to add info and the blue pen icon to edit it on the right side of each section:
To read a full guide to creating and editing your User Profile please click here.
Note: you can apply for as many jobs as you like and we hope this helps you find jobs at sea more quickly and easily!
Thank you for using Martide!