How to Submit Seafarers
When an employer chooses your manning agency to help fill a vacancy you will need to see if you have suitable seafarers to put forward and then submit them. You can do this via the Find Jobs page.
Please note that only seafarers can be applied, not candidates.
How to use the Find Job page
Log into your Martide account. You need the Find Job page - it’s the first page you see when you log in. The page looks like this:
Here you can:
- See which vacancy or vacancies you have been selected to fill.
- Search for a specific job title, company, sector or skill in the search bar at the top.
- Find out more details about the vacancy.
First of all, we’re going to look at the vacancy and get more information about it.
How to review a vacancy
Click on the More details button (see image above). You will then see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See detailed information about the job, contract and vessel on the left.
- See seafarer candidates on the right (if there are any.)
- Apply qualified seafarers.
- Click on the boxes at the top to filter seafarers by their: General Info (name, rank etc.), Location (onboard or ashore), Personal Info (nationality, age etc.), Employment & Work History (dates, vessel types etc.), Medicals (examination types), Documents, Status (active, retired etc.) and Planning dates.
- Sort candidates by A-Z or Z-A by clicking the 3 lines next to Name and Availability.
How to add seafarer candidates
If you do not have any available seafarers and you want to add one or more to the job click the text that says To add a candidate click here:
That will open up a pop-up box like this:
Here you can:
- Filter candidates by their rank, seafarer pool or status (applicant or rejected.)
- Check the box next to any candidates you want to apply to the job and click the Add candidate button at the bottom of the pop-up box. They will now appear on the job details page. Click the Apply button to apply them to that job/Assignment.
That will take you to a page that looks like this:
Click the Next button and you will see this:
Now click the Apply seafarer button and you will see this pop-up box:
If you're sure you want to apply the candidate to that job, click the Add candidate button. You will be taken back to the job details page where you will now see that candidate has been applied to the job:
Please note that as a manning agent, you are only able to submit 'seafarers' for positions, and not 'candidates'.
Candidates are people who have applied for a job with an employer. Seafarers are people who have previously worked for you or for an employer. To read more about the difference between candidates and seafarers, please click here.
To read more about the Find Jobs page, including how to search for vacancies, take a look at this step-by-step guide here.
We hope you’ve found this guide to submitting a seafarer for a seafarer job vacancy useful. You might also want to check out our help guide to creating Seafarer Pools.