When an employer chooses your manning agency to help fill a vacancy you will need to see if you have suitable seafarers to put forward before then submitting them.
Please note that only seafarers can be applied, not candidates.
How to use the Find Job page
Log into your Martide account. You need the Find Job page - it’s the first page you see when you log in. The page looks like this:
Here you can:
- See which positions you have been selected to fill on the left. In our example above this is an Able Seaman.
- See the seafarers in the database on the right.
- Search for a specific job or seafarer in the search bars at the top.
- Find out more information about the position.
First of all, we’re going to look at the position and get more information about it.
How to review a position
Click on the job. You will then see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See detailed information about the job, contract and vessel on the left.
- See seafarers on the right.
- Search for a specific seafarer in the search bar at the top.
- See if a seafarer is on- or off-shore.
- See a seafarer’s availability date.
- See if a seafarer is ex-crew.
- See if a seafarer is or isn’t qualified to apply. You can see from our example that Ben Benson and David Davidson are not qualified.
- Submit qualified seafarers.
- Review unqualified seafarers.
How to review an unqualified seafarer
Click on Not Qualified next to the seafarer’s name. You will see the page below. In our example you can see that 2 documents are missing: the seafarer's GMDSS Endorsement and their Advanced Fire Fighting certificate.
To update the missing information and upload missing documents, click the little pen icon to the right of each box. You will then see this pop-up box:
Here you can:
- Select the document type from the top box, if needed.
- Enter the document number into the relevant box.
- Select the country of issue from the drop down menu.
- Enter the document's start and end dates. (You do not have to specify and end date.)
- Drag or upload copies of certificates or documents from your computer.
- Add another document by clicking +Add Attachment.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the pop-up box when you're finished.
How to submit a qualified seafarer
If a seafarer is qualified there will be a check box next to their name:
To submit the seafarer for a position click the check the box then scroll down and click Submit Seafarer. They will be automatically put forward for the vacancy.
Please note that as a manning agent, you are only able to submit 'seafarers' for positions, and not 'candidates'. Candidates are people who have applied for a job with an employer. Seafarers are people who have previously worked for you/an employer. To read more about the difference between candidates and seafarers, please click here.
We hope you’ve found this guide to submitting a seafarer for a seafarer job vacancy useful. You might also want to check out our help guide to creating Seafarer Pools.