When an employer chooses your manning agency to help fill a vacancy you will need to see if you have suitable seafarers to put forward before then submitting them. Here’s how to do that.
How to use the Find Job page
Log into your Martide.com account. You need the Find Job page - it’s the first page you see when you log in. The page looks like this:
Here you can:
- See which positions you have been selected to fill on the left. In our example above these are a Master and an Able Seaman.
- See the seafarers in the database on the right.
- Search for a specific job or seafarer.
- Find out more information about the position.
First of all, we’re going to look at the position and get more information about it.
How to review a position
Click on the job / rank. You will then see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See detailed information about the job and contract on the left.
- See seafarers on the right.
- Search for a specific seafarer in the search bar at the top.
- See if a seafarer is on- or off-shore.
- See a seafarer’s availability date.
- See if a seafarer is ex-crew.
- See if a seafarer is or isn’t qualified to apply. You can see from our example that only James Cook at the bottom is not qualified.
- Submit qualified seafarers.
- Review unqualified seafarers.
Scroll down the page and on the left hand side you will also see information about the vessel and the shipping company. There is also a section at the bottom for an employer to leave a note for you:
How to review an unqualified seafarer
Click on Not Qualified next to the seafarer’s name. You will see the page below where you can edit the information and upload missing documents by clicking the little blue pen icon. In our example you can see that 2 documents are missing (the boxes that are not highlighted green.)
How to submit a candidate
If a seafarer is qualified there will be a check box next to their name:
To submit the seafarer for a position click the check the box then scroll down and click Submit Candidate. They will be automatically put forward for the vacancy.
Please note that as a manning agent, you are only able to submit 'seafarers' for positions, and not 'candidates'. Candidates are people who have applied for a job with an employer. Seafarers are people who have previously worked for you/an employer. To read more about the difference between candidates and seafarers, please click here.