If you’re a manning agent a big part of your job is to track the status of your seafaring candidates. Martide has made that quick and simple for you!
Understanding your Recruitment page
Log into your Martide.com account using your email and password and click on Recruitment in the header bar:
That will take you to this page:
Here you can:
- Look for vessels, ranks and candidates in the Search bar.
- See the names of the companies you work with and their vessels.
- See what rank they are looking to fill.
- See how many candidates have applied for the position.
- See how many ex-crew have applied for the position.
- See how many candidates have been hired for a position.
- See the change over date.
- Show (display) the position and any applicants.
How to track a candidate
- To track a specific candidate: Enter the candidate’s name in the search box at the top of the page and click the blue Search button. This will show the vessel(s) the candidate has applied for a job on.
- To see all candidates who’ve applied for a vacancy: Click the Show box beside the vessel’s entry. This opens a page that shows the vessel, the name(s) of candidate(s) and the status of their applications.
That page looks like this:
Here you can:
- See the name of the vessel, flag, rank, embarkation date and salary range at the top.
- Change settings so you can see all candidates or only candidates with the specified work experience.
- See the recruitment stages: negotiation, document validation, medical check, interview, contract signed and hired. (Left hand side).
- See the candidates who have applied for that job.
In the image above we see there is one candidate and he is at the initial negotiation stage.
To view a candidate’s information, work experience, and details of the recruitment stages, click on their name. This will open up their profile page.
Checking your candidate’s documents
If your candidate seems to have stalled at the negotiation stage, check the status of their documentation. To do this click on Documents in the header bar. You will see this page:
Here you can:
- See the list of candidates, the document type, and the document’s start and end dates.
- See the status of a document: red cross (expired), yellow exclamation point (expiry date approaching), green check mark (valid).
If you see a red cross you can contact the candidate to a) ensure they hold the correct and valid documents and b) make sure they are uploaded into the system.
Tip: we suggest checking documents regularly as missing documents on the manning agency’s side might delay the recruitment procedure. To learn more about the Documents page, click here.
For advice for manning agents about logging in and getting started on Martide, please take a look at this page.
To find out how to keep track of which candidates you have sent a contract out to, take a look here.
We hope this helps you track your candidates more efficiently. Thank you for using Martide!