Martide makes it easy for manning agents to send invoices to your clients. Here’s how to do that.
Your Invoices page
Log in to your Martide account and click on Invoices in the menu on the left hand side of the screen. You will see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See all of your sales invoices by month.
- Add a new sales invoice.
- Filter your invoices.
- Click on the down arrow icon to see more information about each month's invoices.
How to add a new invoice
Click the +Add sales invoice button at the top of the page:
That will take you to this page:
Here you can:
- Select the vessel name you want to send an invoice for.
- Select the invoice date.
- Enter the invoice number.
- Select the invoice currency.
- See the invoice’s status: Draft or Sent
- Save the invoice as a draft or save it and send it to the client. (In our example that’s Martide.)
When you enter a date for the invoice it will automatically bring up the list of ranks/seafarers who worked on the vessel that you are sending an invoice for.
You need to select the dates the seafarer left home and arrived home.
Take a look at our example:
As you can see from the image above we have:
- Entered the vessel name (Banshee.)
- Entered the invoice date (July 2021.)
- Entered the invoice number (12.)
- Entered the currency (Euros.)
- Entered the left and arrived home dates for the first two seafarers. We still need to enter the 3rd seafarer’s dates.
When you’ve entered all the dates, either click Save as draft or Save and send to Martide.
When you save an invoice, your name, the name of the vessel and the invoice date will appear in the top left, as well as an +Add expense button and the Status on the right:
How to add an expense to an invoice
Open an invoice and click the +Add expense button at the top. You will see this page:
Click the +Add expense button again here and you will see this page:
Here you can:
- Select the expense type: Manning fees, working gear, certificates and licenses, medical and travel.
- Select the currency.
- If the currency you select is Euros the rate box will disappear. If you select another currency you will need to enter the exchange rate.
- Delete the expense using the trash can icon on the right.
- Upload a file or attachment - for example a copy of an invoice or receipt - using the Upload from computer button.
- Add the seafarer that the expense is for by clicking +Add seafarer. You can then add the expense.
In the image above you can see we’ve selected Travel as the type of expense, we’re invoicing in Euros and we’ve added a seafarer, Aidan Muller. Now we can see 3 boxes: Units, Price and Total.
Enter this information and upload any documentation or receipts for this seafarer’s expense. For example:
Here you can see that we’ve added 2 ‘units’ (i.e. 2 flights) that cost 500 Euros each for our seafarer at a total cost of 1000 Euros. We also uploaded the travel agent's receipt.
We’ve kept our example simple but you can add as many seafarers and upload as many documents as you need to for each expense. You can also add as many expenses as you need to that particular invoice.
When you’ve finished click Save changes at the bottom of the page:
How to check an invoice’s details
Go back to the main Invoice page and click on one of the little arrow icons to the right of a month. That will show you all invoices for that month:
To edit an invoice, click on it and you will be taken back to its page.
How to filter invoices
Go to the main Invoice page:
Here you can:
- Filter invoices by Vessel, Invoice number and Status.
- Remove all the filters.
Each filter has a drop down box that lets you select an option. For example, if you want to filter by vessel, click the Vessel box and you will see a list of all of your vessels:
To remove the filters, click the blue Filter button and they will disappear. Click it again to get them back.
That’s it. You should now be able to use the Invoices feature without any problems. If you do have any questions though, please get in touch with us at [email protected]