When you log in to your Martide account you will notice that there are links in the navigation bar both for Candidates and for Seafarers. So what’s the difference between them?
Candidates and Seafarers mean slightly different things depending on whether you’re a shipowner / manager or a manning agent. This is what they mean to you as a manning agent and what you can and can’t do in Martide’s platform with these two groups of people.
The difference between Candidates and Seafarers
- A Seafarer is a Candidate who has been approved by you.
- You can apply a Seafarer to vacant positions.
- You can create a new profile for a Seafarer.
- You can create a new profile for a Candidate (on the Candidates Page.)
- You can approve a Candidate and once done it will move to the Seafarer Page.
- You cannot apply a Candidate to a position.
- To understand the Candidates Page from an employer’s side, click here.
- To understand the Seafarers Page from an employer’s side, click here.
- To read more about what you can do on the Candidates Page, click here.
- To read more about what you can do on the Seafarers Page, click here.
- To read the shipowner / employer's agent’s version of this page, click here.
Of course if you would like any other help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here.