Your inbox lets you stay in touch with employers and manning agents. Here's how to use it.
Where to find your Messages
Click on Messages and you will go to your inbox. it looks like this:
How your inbox is organized
Your inbox is divided into sections. The side panel on the left is where you can select which messages to view. It's organized by Jobs, Employer Agent and Manning Agencies:
How to check messages relating to Jobs
Click on the little arrows at the left of the companies under Jobs to open up a list of vessels you have applied to jobs on:
- The number in the red circle shows how many new messages relating to that vessel you have.
- Click on a vessel and you will see the messages relating to that job application.
- Click on a message and it will show you the message thread.
When you click in a message you will see a blue/white button that says Manning Agent / Employer. This lets you switch between messages from manning agents and employers.
On the left you will see:
- The name of the vessel (in our example, Aardvark.)
- The position applied for (in our example, Engine Cadet.)
- The stage of the application (in our example, Negotiation.)
- If you are ex-crew and have worked on that vessel before.
In the middle you'll see the message thread. Our example shows a message the candidate (i.e. you) has sent to a manning agent.
You will also see a blank text box at the bottom of the page - this is where you can type your messages. Add an attachment by clicking the paperclip icon:
On the right hand side you will see information about the company and contact you are messaging:
How to check messages to/from Employer Agents and Manning Agencies
Click on one of the companies under Employer Agents or Manning Agencies:
You will see something like this:
Here you can:
- See the name of the Employer Agent or Manning Agency on the left (in our example, ABC Shipping.)
- See the message(s) in the middle.
- See the company's details on the right.
- Send a new message by typing into the text box at the bottom.
- Add an attachment to the message by clicking the paperclip icon.
We hope this helps you use your inbox and thank you for using Martide!