If you’re an employer / shipowner / ship manager you can send messages and respond to the manning agents you work with, as well as any of the seafarers in Martide’s system, using our in-built messaging feature.
How to use the Message Inbox
Log in to your Martide account with your email address and password. Scroll down and click on Messages in the menu on the left hand side:
You will be taken to your inbox where you’ll see a number of categories in a panel. This is how your messages are stored and organized in the system: by vessel, vessel group, seafarer, and manning agency.
In your inbox you can:
- Use the little ^ arrows next to Vessels and your Vessel Group(s) to expand the categories and see all vessels under each section.
- Use the gray side bar to scroll up and down the categories and see your Manning Agents.
- Click the View all seafarers button to see all your seafarers/candidates.
- Message all (or a selected sample) of your seafarers by clicking the Message all seafarers button. Read more about this feature here.
When you click on a vessel, a list of all seafarers connected with that vessel will appear to the right of the categories menu. Click on any seafarer to see their message thread and their personal information.
The same applies to when you click on View all seafarers. For example:
Click on a seafarer and you can:
- See their message thread.
- See their personal information.
How to send a new message, add an attachment & use templates
In the image above you will see star and paperclip icons and a blank white text box.
Here you can:
- Click on the person you want to message from the drop down lists/categories and type a new message or reply in the white box.
- Click on the paperclip to upload and attach files from your computer to the message.
- Click on the star to select one of your pre-written email templates:
And that's it! We hope you’ve found this guide to the Messages feature helpful but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.