The Message Templates feature makes it quicker and easier for shipowners /managers / employers to communicate with your candidates/seafarers and manning agents.
Pre-write templates then select the relevant template from your inbox when you’re emailing a contact. This means you don’t have to type the same messages again and again.
How to set Message Templates up
Log in to your Martide account and click Settings in the menu on the left then Message Templates:
When you click on Message Templates you will see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Add new Message Templates.
- Edit or delete existing Message Templates.
- Sort your Message Templates by A-Z or Z-A by clicking the pyramid icon next to Name.
As you can see in our example above, we currently have 3 templates: Contract Attached, Please Send Missing Documents and When Are You Available?
To add a new template click the blue +Add Template button on the top right (see image above.) You will see this pop-up box:
As you can see, it’s really simple to create a template. Just name your template, write the message into the template box and click Save.
Your new template will appear on the main Message Template page.
How to use a Message Template
Go to your message inbox by clicking Messages in the menu on the left:
When you’re in your inbox, select the seafarer or manning agent you wish to send a message to by scrolling down the left hand side of the page and clicking on their name.
The message thread (or a blank message if you haven’t communicated with them yet) will open:
In our example, we’re going to follow up our last message thanking the candidate for interviewing by selecting the Contract Attached template, as we want to hire them.
- Click on the star icon - that will bring up this pop-up box.
- Select the relevant template in the drop down box:
You will then see another pop up box which shows you the message’s text - this is so you can be sure you have the right message. It looks like this:
Don’t worry if the layout doesn’t look correctly spaced. When you click Apply:
- The text will appear as you typed it originally.
- The message will appear in your inbox but it won’t have been sent.
- This is so you can make any changes or add an attachment (use the paperclip icon) if needed.
Once you’re ready, click Send and the message template will appear in your message thread:
How to edit or delete a Message Template
Go to the main Message Template page and click the pen icon to edit or the trash can icon to delete next to the template you want to change or remove:
- If you click Edit you'll be taken to the template where you can make any changes to the name or text.
- If you click Delete the template will be removed.
And that’s everything you need to know about using Message Templates! We hope you find them useful. To return to the main Support page for Shipowners/Managers click here.