The Message Templates feature has been created to make it quicker and easier for shipowners /managers / employers to communicate with your candidates/seafarers and manning agents.
Pre-write your templates and then select the relevant template from your inbox when you’re emailing a contact. This means you don’t have to type out the same messages over and over again.
How to set Message Templates up
First, log in to your Martide account and click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner. You will see a drop down menu: click Settings. You will now see a number of icons. Click Message Templates. It looks like this:
When you click on Message Templates you will see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Search for existing Message Templates.
- Add new Message Templates.
- Edit or delete existing Message Templates.
As you can see in our example above, we currently have two templates: Contract Details and Flight Details.
To add a new template click the blue Add button. You will be taken to this page:
As you can see, it’s really simple to create a template. Simply name your template, write the message into the template box and click Save.
Your new template will appear on the main Message Template page.
How to use a Message Template
Go to your message inbox by clicking the envelope icon on the top right of your screen:
When you’re in your inbox, select the seafarer or manning agent you wish to send a message to by scrolling down the left hand side of the page and clicking on their name.
The message thread (or a blank message if you haven’t communicated with them yet) will open:
In our example, we’re going to follow up our last message thanking the candidate for their interest by selecting the Contract Details template, as we want to hire them.
- Click on the star icon to select your message template.
- Select the relevant template in the drop down box.
You will then see another pop up box which shows you the message’s text - this is so you can be sure you have the right message. It looks like this:
Don’t worry if the layout doesn’t look correctly spaced. When you click Apply:
- The text will appear as you typed it originally.
- The message will appear in your inbox but it won’t have been sent.
- This is so you can make any changes or add an attachment (use the paperclip icon) if needed.
Once you’re ready, click Send and the message template will appear in your message thread:
How to edit or delete an existing template
Go to the main Message Template page and click either Edit or Delete on the template you want to change or remove:
- If you click Edit you'll be taken to the template where you can make any changes.
- If you click Delete the template will be removed. Make sure you want to delete it as you won’t get a warning!
And that’s everything you need to know about using Message Templates! We hope you find them useful. To return to the main Support page for Shipowners/Managers click here.