The My Tasks page helps manning agents stay organized and makes it easier for you to know what you need to do as part of your maritime recruitment process. Here’s how to use the My Tasks feature.
A few notes about My Tasks
In the Stages of an Assignment’s Pipeline there are two options to select:
- Assigned To: The person responsible for completing the Stage/Task.
- Watcher: Users who want/need to be notified about a Stage’s changes.
You can see updates on 2 different pages:
- My Tasks page: Tasks that have been assigned to you.
- Notifications page: Updates on Stages where you are a Watcher.
- Most Tasks will be generated by the Stages that you, or a User Group you are in, have been assigned. For example, if you schedule an interview, it will appear in your My Tasks list (and you will also get a Notification.)
Who can Tasks be assigned to?
- You as a manning agent: Every User in your company will get notifications and can manage the Stage.
- A User in the employer's company.
- A User Group in the employer's company.
- The vessel’s Crew Operator.
- The vessel’s Technical Superintendent.
- The Client: Every User in a client company will be notified and can manage the Stage.
The My Tasks page
To go to your My Tasks page, log in to your Martide account and click on My Tasks in the menu on the left hand side. You will then see a page that looks something like this:
As you can see at the top of the page, there are 2 tabs: Upcoming and Completed. Now we are on the Upcoming Tasks tab.
Here you can:
- See your Upcoming tasks - i.e. the Tasks you need to do.
- Click on a Task and it will take you to that Pipeline Stage in the Assignment so you can deal with it.
- See your overdue Tasks. (Past due.)
- See your current Tasks. (This week.)
- See your future Tasks. (Next week or Later.)
- See the date that Task is due.
Types of Tasks
Each Task is identified by an icon that refers to a category. For example:
- Grey document: Document approval.
- Blue clipboard: Interviews.
- Purple arrows: Negotiations.
- Grey clipboard: Contract sign.
- Red suitcase: Update passport.
How to deal with a Task
Click on the Task you want to deal with. In our example we will click on ‘Negotiation with Boris Zieme.’ That takes us to the Negotiation stage in Boris’s Recruitment Pipeline:
Here we can:
- See what we now need to do - i.e. negotiate the contract with Boris.
- See that this Stage has been assigned to us (our example User’s name is Dorris Schowalter.)
- Assign the Stage to someone else if needed by clicking on the name box and choosing a new User from the drop down list.
- See how many Watchers there are at this Stage - in this example there are 2.
- Add or remove Watchers to this Stage of the Pipeline so other Users get Notifications if anything changes.
- Approve or reject the Stage when the negotiation has taken place.
When you approve a candidate they will move to the next stage, the Task will disappear from the main My Tasks page and you will see a new Notification on the Notifications page:
How to check your completed Tasks
To check completed Tasks, click the Completed tab at the top of the My Tasks page:
And that’s it. We hope you find the My Tasks feature useful but if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]