Our Notes function lets manning agents make notes on candidate and seafarer profiles. This is helpful for setting reminders for yourself as well as letting team members who you’ve added to your User Groups know what is happening with a particular person or application. Here’s how to use Notes.
Understanding the Notes function
Log in to your Martide account and click on Settings in the menu on the left hand side and then on Notes:
That will take you to a page that looks like this:
At first your Notes page will be empty, so you’ll now need to add some different types of notes.
How to add types of Notes
Click on the +Add Type button on the top right of the page. You will see a pop-up box that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Enter the name of the type of note you want to add to the system. For example ‘General’, ‘Not Suitable’, ‘Reminder’ etc.
- Choose a color to use with this type of note from the color drop down box. This makes it easier to identify different types.
Click the Add type button and you will return to the main Notes page where you will now see your note type. In our example, you can see we’ve added two:
You can add as many types of notes as you like.
Also on this page you can:
- Sort your types of notes by A-Z or Z-A or by 0-9 or 9-0 by clicking the 3 lines next to the word Type.
- Edit a type of note by clicking on the pen icon.
- Delete a type of note by clicking on the trash can icon.
Where to find Notes
Now that you’ve set up your types of notes, you can save notes to candidate and seafarer profiles.
Find the candidate or seafarer who you want to leave a note about. Click on their name to go to their profile.
At the top of their profile page you will see Profile and Notes:
Click on Notes and you will go to this page:
We haven't added any notes yet so the page says No result found.
Here you can:
- Add a new note or notes.
- Filter your notes by Type and Date by clicking the white boxes above the candidate’s name and profile picture.
- Download the page as an Excel file or a PDF by clicking the arrow icon in the top right corner.
- Send the candidate a message by clicking the Send message button - this will open your Martide inbox in a new browser.
How to write a Note
Click the +Add note button on the top right of the page:
That will open this pop-up box:
Here you can:
- Select the type of note from the drop down menu.
- Add the date of the note.
- Type the note into the text box.
- Upload or drag and drop an attachment from your computer. You can add more than one attachment.
When you're finished click Save and your note will appear on the candidate or seafarer's profile page under the Notes tab:
You can edit or delete saved notes by clicking on the 3 little vertical dots:
And that’s it! We hope you find the Notes function useful but if you have any questions or need any help, please contact us at [email protected]