The Recruitments page is where manning agents can add candidates that you may want to hire in the future to the database.
A few notes about the Recruitments page
Martide has two pages which are similar, Recruitments and Assignments. The difference is:
- Recruitments: this is where you add candidates to the database so that you can potentially hire them in the future.
- Assignments: this is where you hire a specific seafarer for a specific vessel on a specific contract.
Other things to know;
- A Recruitment has no expiry date and can be displayed on the public Find Job page to collect candidate resumes.
- When a candidate applies to a Recruitment and you approve them, they will move to the Seafarer database and can then be applied to open Assignments.
- There are two ways for you to apply candidates: Make the position public OR create a candidate profile and apply them to the position yourself.
To view the Assignments support page, please click here.
Understanding the Recruitments page
To get started, log into your Martide account and click on Recruitments in the menu on the left hand side. You will be taken to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Add a new Recruitment.
- Filter your existing Recruitments by Vessel Type, Seafarer Rank, Number of Applied Candidates and Visibility.
- View information about the Recruitment: Vessel Type, Rank, Number of Candidates Applied, Number of Candidates Recruited and Status (Open or Closed.)
- Sort your Recruitments alphabetically or numerically by A-Z or Z-A or by 0-9 or 9-0 by clicking the 3 lines next to Vessel Type, Rank, Recruited and Status.
How to add a new Recruitment
Click the blue +Add recruitment button on the top right of the page:
That will take you to a page that looks like this:
Note that there are 2 parts to adding a Recruitment: Basic Information and Required Documents. First we're going to add the Basic Information.
On this page you can:
- Enter Vessel Type, Rank and Trading Area. Vessel Type and Rank are both mandatory. Trading Area is optional.
- Select the relevant Data Template and Candidate Pipeline.
- Enter how many hires of this rank and for this vessel type you require. (Optional.)
- Enter your minimum and maximum budget and the currency type. (Optional.)
- Enter the contract length and variance and select whether that’s in months or days.
- Enter the time with a technical operator that you need a candidate to have and select whether that's in years or months. (Optional.)
- Enter the time in rank that you need a candidate to have and select whether that's in years or months. (Optional.)
- Enter the time on a vessel that you need a candidate to have and select whether that's in years or months. (Optional.)
- Add a description (Optional.)
- Make the Recruitment public if you want to advertise your job on Martide's website and in other locations.
Click the blue Next button when you’ve finished. That will take you to the Required Documents page. You will not be able to change anything there, it is just for your information.
Required documents for a Recruitment
The Required Documents page when you are creating a Recruitment looks like this:
Here you can:
- See which documents a candidate must have to be able to apply for the position.
- See which documents that a candidate must have in order for them to be hired.
Click the blue Publish Your Job button at the bottom of the page when you’ve finished. That will take you to your Candidate Pipeline Stage pages where you can approve or reject candidates for each of the pre-set stages.
How to approve or reject candidates
The first Candidate Pipeline Stage page you see looks like this. In our example we have 3 candidates.
The first page you see will always be the Awaiting stage and the last one will always be the Recruited stage. The stages you see in between will be whatever stages you set in that particular Candidate Pipeline i.e. Negotiation, Documents, Personal Info etc.
Here you can:
- See the name and status of all candidates: Pending, Approved or Rejected.
- See the Pipeline stages for this particular Recruitment at the top.
- See who this stage has been assigned to and see how many people are watching it.
- Click on a candidate to view their details on the right hand side and then approve them for that stage by clicking the Approve button, or reject them by clicking the Reject button.
When you click the Approve button you will see a green notification saying Stage approved, the candidate's status will change to Accepted and they will have been moved to the next stage in your pipeline. Click on that to continue approving or rejecting candidates as you want:
Tracking a candidate through the Pipeline
In our example above we approved Vivien Wolff’s Awaiting stage of the Pipeline. We can now click on the next stage in the Pipeline. In our example, it's Negotiation. That will take us to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See the stage of the Pipeline that this candidate is at.
- Enter or upload the information required at this stage.
- Click on any of the headings: Awaiting, Negotiation, Visa, Recruited etc. to see which other candidates are at that stage.
- Approve or reject a candidate at any stage.
- Add another/more candidate(s).
When you have completed all the stages that are specified by your Candidate Pipeline, the last page you will see is the Recruited stage:
Here you can:
- Approve the candidate and add them to the database by clicking the Approve button.
- Reject the candidate by clicking the Reject button.
- Return to the Recruitment by clicking the Back to recruitment button.
How to add a new candidate to the database
To add a new candidate to the database, click the vessel type of the Recruitment you want to add them to on the main page. In our example, we're going to add a candidate to our Bulk Carriers / Chief Steward Recruitment:
When you click on the Recruitment you will be taken to its Pipeline:
To add a candidate, click the +Add candidate button in the top right corner (see above).
That will show you this pop-up box:
Select the name of the candidate or candidates you want to add to this Recruitment Pipeline from the drop down menu. Click Save when you’re done.
Those candidates will now appear in the Awaiting stage of the Pipeline.
How to edit your Recruitments
On the main Recruitments page, click the pen icon next to the Recruitment you want to edit:
That will take you back to the Recruitment's Basic Information and Required Documents sections where you can make your changes
How to filter your Recruitments
When you have a lot of Recruitments, you can make it easier to find the one you're looking for with the Filter function. To do this, click on one of the boxes at the top of the main Recruitment page:
Click on the box you want to filter your search results by. When you click on the box you will see a drop down menu. For example, if you click on the Vessel type box, you will see this:
Check the boxes next to the vessel types you want to filter your Recruitments by. The same applies to the Seafarer Rank and Applied Candidates boxes.
If you want to remove the Filter options, click the blue Filter button on the top right of the page:
To get the Filters back, click the button again.
And that’s it! Using the Recruitment page will help you build a larger database so you can fill positions more easily when you don’t have any ex-crew to assign to a vacancy.
A note about users and watchers
The person who you assign a Pipeline Stage to may be a User It could be one of your company's users or it could be the Crew Manager, for example.) As an assigned person they will need to take action.
Or they may be a Watcher. This means they will just be kept up-to-date but don't have to do anything. When a Stage is assigned to someone, they will get a Notification and if they need to take action, it will be added to their My Tasks page.
We hope you've found this guide helpful but if you need any additional help or if you experience any technical difficulties please get in touch with us here.