Log in to your Martide account. The first page you see will be your User Profile and it will look something like this:
(You can edit any section by clicking the little blue pen icons on the right.)
Understanding your User Profile
Your profile page is broken down into sections. These include your:
- Personal information
- Work experience
- Languages spoken
- Special skills
- Physical attributes
- Preferences for vessel types and contract
- Address and phone number
- Social media and instant messenger accounts
- Emergency contact and next of kin
- Bank details
- Professional, and medical documents, and visas
The sections should all be self-explanatory but below is a brief explanation of each.
- Enter and edit information including your name, date and place of birth, gender, and nearest airport.
- Set your status to say if you are actively looking for a job, if you’re open to offers but not actively looking, or if you’re not currently interested in finding a vacancy.
- State whether you are looking for work ashore or offshore.
- Add, edit and delete your previous jobs. Information includes your rank, vessel name, vessel type and DWT, start and end dates and if you are currently working there.
- To add a new job click the plus sign at the top of the Work Experience section:
That will open up a pop-up box like this:
Here you can:
- Select your rank/role from the drop-down menu.
- Select the vessel you worked on. (If the vessel isn't in in the drop down menu, click the Suggest a Vessel link to add its details.)
- Enter the ship management company.
- Enter the contract's start and end dates.
- Enter the manning agent, if relevant.
- Check the Currently Employed box if you are still working in that job.
- Click Save to finish.
- You can add as many jobs as you like.
- Add, edit and delete your education. Information includes the school, degree type, major, country and start and end dates.
- To edit, click the pen icon. To add a new course or school, click the plus sign:
In the pop-up box you can:
- Add your school.
- Select the type of degree from the drop down menu.
- Select the country and add the city that you went to that school in.
- Enter the start and end dates of attendance.
- Click Save when you're finished.
- You can add as many schools/courses as you like.
- Add, edit and delete the languages you can speak and your proficiency in them: beginner, elementary, intermediate, upper intermediate, advanced, proficient, or native.
- To edit a language (i.e. if your skill level has changed) click the pen icon.
- To add a new language click the plus sign.
- You can add as many languages as you like.
- Add, edit and delete any special skills or talents you have in the empty text box.
- To edit a skill click the pen icon.
- To add a new skill click the plus sign.
- You can add as many skills as you like.
- Enter and edit information about your blood type, hair and eye color, height and weight, and shoe, collar, cap and overall sizes.
- You can choose whether to use pounds/kilograms, centimetres/inches and UK/US/EU shoe sizes.
- Enter and edit information about your preferred vessel type including minimum and maximum DWT and engine, minimum and maximum salary, preferred contract length and your readiness date.
Address & Phone Number
- Add, edit and delete as many addresses and phone numbers as you need.
Social Media & Instant Messenger Accounts
- If you wish, add the URL for your social media accounts including Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, VK, Xing and Instagram. You can add as many as you like.
- If you wish, add your user name for your instant messenger apps including WeChat, Skype, WhatsApp and Telegram. You can add as many as you like.
Emergency Contact & Next of Kin
- Enter or edit the name, contact number, address and relationship status of your emergency contact and next of kin.
- These can be the same person or two different people.
- Enter, edit and delete your bank account details.
- Add a number to the Payment Split box if you wish your salary to be split between accounts by stating what % you want to be paid to that account.
- You can also add intermediary bank details by checking the box, if you need.
- You can enter as many bank accounts as you like.
Professional & Medical Documents, & Visas
- Enter details about the documents you hold and upload a copy of them to your profile.
- You can edit the details if needed, and remove any that you no longer have.
- You can add as many attachments to an entry as you need.
A few notes about your User Profile
- Entering much of the above information is mandatory however you can choose not to enter certain information such as your social media or instant messenger accounts.
- The information you enter in your profile helps you apply for jobs quickly and easily - once completed you won’t have to fill out all your details every time you apply for a vacancy.
- You can also edit your User Profile by clicking on your profile picture on the top right of the screen and selecting Edit Profile:
How to change your password
To change your password for your account go to the drop down menu under your profile picture and select Settings. (See the pictures above and below.)
Click Change Password in the drop down menu. You will be taken to this page:
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password.
- Re-enter your password.
- Whatever you type will be shown as dots for security. If you want to see what you’re typing, click the blue eye icon to the right.
- Click Save when you’re done.
How to change your email address
To change the email address connected with your account, go to Settings and click Change Email in the drop down menu. You will be taken to this page:
- Enter your new email address.
- Click Save when you’re done.
- Martide will send an email to the address you entered to confirm you wish to change it.
- Click the blue Change Email button in the email to confirm you wish to change the address. You will be taken back to the website to complete the action.
We hope this helps you manage your seafarer profile more efficiently. Thank you for using Martide!