Well it’s our very last blog post of the year, so we thought what better than to celebrate the very people that keep our maritime industry moving through their sheer determination and hard work: seafarers - and the seafarer quotes that give us a glimpse into their lives.
If you've read and enjoyed our other posts:
13 of Martide's Favorite Seafarer Quotes About Anchors, 10 of Martide's Favorite Seaman Quotes About the Sea, 12 of Martide's Favorite Seamen Quotes, 10 of Martide's Favorite Seafarer Quotes About Ships, 10 of Martide's Best Seaman Quotes About the Ocean, and 10 of Martide's Favorite Seaman Quotes About Sailing
we hope you’ll enjoy this post which contains some more of our favorite seafarer quotes by and about seamen, mariners and sailors.
10 of Martide’s favorite seafarer quotes
- “A sailor is not defined as much by how many seas he has sailed than by how many storms he has overcome.”- Matshona Dhliwayo, Zimbabwean Philosopher, Entrepreneur and Writer
2. “The strongest storms make the best sailors. The strongest games make the best players. Tougher challenges make the best leaders.” - Israelmore Ayivor, Leaders' Frontpage: Leadership Insights from 21 Martin Luther King Jr. Thoughts
3. “Take charge of your life! The tides do not command the ship. The sailor does.”
- Ogwo David Emenike, Nigerian Writer and Poet
4. “The good seaman weathers the storm he cannot avoid, and avoids the storm he cannot weather.” - Unknown
5. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” - William Arthur Ward, American Writer
6. “Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk.” - Sir Francis Chichester, British Businessman, Pioneering Aviator and Solo Sailor.
7. “The art of the sailor is to leave nothing to chance.” - Annie Van De Wiele, Belgian Writer
8. "He is the best sailor who can steer within fewest points of the wind, and exact a motive power out of the greatest obstacles."- Walter Scott, English Writer
9. "It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that assures the prosperous voyage." - George William Curtis, American Writer and Public Speaker
1o. "Any fool can carry on, but a wise man knows how to shorten sail in time."- Joseph Conrad, Polish-British Writer
Have we missed your favorite seafarer quote?
We hope you enjoyed our ten seaman quotes. Do you have any favorites that you think we should have included? Add your must-read seafarer quotes to the comments section at the bottom of this page.
Now all that’s left for us to do is to wish all of our clients and seafarers a very happy, prosperous and safe 2020. Happy New Year!