Martide's Most Read Employer Blog Posts of 2022
Jan 10, 2023 · 7 mins read ·Industry News
As has become a bit of an annual tradition here at Martide, we like to take a look back over the previous year and see which of the posts on our employer blog were the most popular. We do this for two reasons: One so that we know what you like to read so we can write similar articles and two: Just because we’re nosy like that!
Seriously though, we always find it fascinating to see which of our blog posts come out on top. Will 2022’s maritime recruitment and crew planning posts be any different to the top employer blog posts of 2020 or the most popular posts of 2021?
There’s only one way to find out!
Martide’s most-read employer blog posts of 2022
10. In 10th place was our post entitled 7 Employee & Crew Retention Ideas for the Maritime Industry - proving perhaps that attracting and retaining good seafarers is a pressing issue as ever for anyone working in maritime recruitment.
9. In at number nine was a post we wrote a couple of years ago which suggests that it’s a subject that interests many people, whether they’re working in the maritime industry or not.
It’s called Life on a Container Ship: A Shore-Based Employee's Week at Sea and was written with the fantastic input of one of our office-based coworkers who spent a week onboard a vessel as it traveled around Europe.
8. Our eighth most-read blog post on the employer blog in 2022 was an article called What's a Crewing System & Does Your Maritime Recruitment Strategy Need One?
If you’re wondering whether a crewing software solution would benefit your small to mid-sized shipping company or manning agency, this post would be a good place to start!
7. Proving that the maritime industry is increasingly taking advantage of technology was our blog post in seventh place: 4 Benefits of the Internet of Things in the Maritime Industry.
Taking a broad look at the IoT and how it can be used to enhance shipping company operations, this post is worth a read if you’re techie-inclined!
6. We knew it wouldn’t be a top ten blog list without one of our popular seafarer quotes posts and here we are at number six with 10 of Martide's Favorite Seamen Quotes About Sailing.
A quick and easy read if you’re looking for something to do for the next five minutes that doesn’t involve work!
5. Here we go - we told you they were popular. Hot on the heels of our quotes about sailing post and just slightly more popular at number five on the list we have 10 of Martide's Top Seafarer Quotes About Storms at Sea
4. Time for some more tech-based content and making the top five is a blog post we wrote quite a while back called How Technology is Changing the Maritime Industry.
It’s still getting plenty of eyes on it - although we have to admit, it will probably be due for an update this year due to the fast-paced nature of maritime technology.
3. We’re into the top three now, so which was our third most popular post on the employer blog in 2022? Strangely enough, it was an article entitled 5 Digital Marketing Strategies for the Maritime Industry in 2021.
Note to selves - this will definitely need an update for 2023 so that we can make sure we’re providing maritime recruitment officers, crew planners, manning agents and shipowners with the most up-to-date information possible!
2. Moving on to the penultimate spot now, and it didn’t come as a huge surprise to learn that our post 12 of Martide's Favorite Seamen Quotes made it almost to the top of the charts! What could have beaten it though…no prizes for guessing what took the number one position…
1. 2022 was clearly the year of the nautical, maritime or seafarer quote as the blog post that was read the most - and we’re talking thousands of times, was 10 of Martide’s Best Seaman Quotes About the Ocean.
We know that our seafarer quotes are popular with the general public and not just with maritime recruiters, crew planners or seafarers which is why they usually take the top spot.
However, it is gratifying to see that our posts about maritime technology and crewing systems have earned their places in the top ten last year too!
How we upped the Martide blog post game in 2022
Towards the end of last year we upped our blog post game quite considerably and are now posting more articles, including daily maritime industry news, as well as our usual posts about maritime recruitment, crewing system solutions, streamlining your operations and other shipping industry related content.
For the first time ever we’ve also got different writers onboard (pun intended) so you’ll see a greater variety of posts from different voices and perspectives.
Regardless, we are dedicated as ever to bringing you great maritime recruitment strategy tips and explaining how Martide’s crewing software can help your small to mid-sized shipping company or crewing agency centralize and digitize your ops.
Expect more of these posts as we head into 2023 - probably with a couple of seafarer quote listicles thrown in there too, as we like to give the public what it wants!
Meanwhile, from all of us here at Martide, may we wish you a peaceful and prosperous 2023 wherever you are in the world.
And don’t forget that if you want to find out more about how our crewing recruitment software solution can power your business in the new year, you can schedule a demo right here.
Eve is Martide's content writer and publishes regular posts on everything from our maritime recruitment and crew planning software to life at sea.