What is a Pipeline?
For every recruitment/vacancy you create you need to specify a Pipeline.
- Think of your Pipeline as building blocks which tell you what to do next in the recruitment process for a candidate and rank.
- You can add as many or as few steps to your Pipeline as you need.
To create a Pipeline log into your Martide account. Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner. Click Settings > Pipelines.
You will be taken to the Pipelines page:
Here you can:
- Look for an existing Pipeline in the Search Pipelines box.
- Add a new Pipeline.
- Edit or Delete existing Pipelines.
How to create a new Pipeline
Click the Add button on the top left. You’ll be taken to this page. Name your Pipeline - e.g. Chief Engineer. Click Save when you’re done.
You'll then be taken to this page where you can set the steps you want to include in your Pipeline for your Chief Engineer vacancy:
There are 3 default Stages named Negotiation, Contract Sign and Hired. These cannot be removed from the Pipeline.
On this page (above) you can:
- Edit the Pipeline's name by clicking the blue pen icon next to the name.
- See each Stage, which step in the Pipeline it is, if it is required before another Stage in the Pipeline, whether this Stage is in- or outsourced.
- Add new Stages to the Pipeline and set rules for them by clicking the New Stage button in the top right corner.
- Edit Stages by clicking the green Edit button.
How to add a new Stage to a Pipeline
To add a new Stage to a Pipeline click the blue New Stage button in the top right of the main Pipeline page. You will see a pop-up box that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Select a Stage from the State drop down box.
- Enter an alternative name for the Stage in the Display Name box (optional).
- Select the Step this Stage should appear in your recruitment process.
- Select Required Before (optional) if you want this Stage to be completed before another Stage (more about this below.)
- Choose whether you are insourcing or outsourcing the recruitment.
- If you're outsourcing, choose whether to outsource to a manning agent, Supporter or both. Activate Outsource Supporter if you want your client (if you offer crew management services) to be able to edit specific Pipeline Stages. If you don’t select this they can only view the candidate’s information.
- Choose whether you want ex-crew members to be able to skip this Stage.
- Choose whether you want to export assignments to a CFM.
To select an option, slide the button across in the bar. When it shows green, that option is activated. Click Save when you're done.
Take a look at the example below:
- We've included an English Test as part of the Chief Engineer pipeline.
- We’ve set this Stage as the 1st Step in the recruitment process and stated that the English Test must be uploaded before Step 4 (Negotiation).
- We are outsourcing this recruitment to a manning agent who can edit this Stage. e.g. if your manning agent deals with English testing for you, select Outsource Manning.
- We want ex-crew who have already passed an English Test to be able to skip this Stage.
Back on the main Pipeline page you will now see this:
How to edit a Stage in the Pipeline
If a Stage is able to be edited you will see a green Edit button next to it. Click on it and you will be taken back to your original entry where you can make any changes needed.
How to set Steps
- You must select a Step but you do not have to select Required Before.
- If you select English Test as Step 2 and do NOT select Required Before, the test must be completed before Step 3 can be started.
- If you create a English Test at Step 2 and set Required Before to Step 6 the test can be continued over the next Steps but must be completed before Step 6 can be started.
To change the order of the Stages, click the arrows on the left to drag and drop that Stage. Only Stages that can be edited can be dragged and dropped.
How to edit or delete a Pipeline
To edit or delete a Pipeline, click the Edit or Delete icons at the bottom
Some notes about Pipelines
When you create a Pipeline for a vessel, you can let your Supporters (your 3rd party clients) edit and approve any Stages in their vessel’s Pipeline. This could be being involved in the Interview Stage to having the final say-so on whether the candidate is hired. To learn more about adding Supporters, take a look at this page.
We hope you found this guide to Pipelines useful but if you have any questions or need any help, please get in touch here.