What is a Pipeline?
For every recruitment/vacancy you create you need to specify a Pipeline.
- Think of your Pipeline as building blocks which tell you what to do next in the recruitment process.
- You can add as many or as few steps to your Pipeline as you need.
To create a Pipeline log into your Martide account. Click on Settings in the menu on the left and then on Pipelines.
You will be taken to the Pipelines page:
Here you can:
- Look for an existing Pipeline in the Search box.
- Add a new Pipeline.
- Edit or Delete existing Pipelines.
- Sort Pipelines from A-Z or Z-A by clicking the pyramid icon next to the word Name.
How to create a new Pipeline
Click the +Add pipeline button on the top right of the page (see image above.) You’ll be taken to this page. Name your Pipeline - e.g. 2nd Engineer. Click Save when you’re done.
You'll then be taken to this page where you can set the steps you want to include in your Pipeline for your 2nd Engineer vacancy:
There are 3 default Stages named Negotiation, Contract Sign and Hired. You can remove Negotiation by clicking the pen icon next to it and changing it to another Stage. You cannot remove Contract Sign and Hired from the Pipeline.
On this page (above) you can:
- Edit the Pipeline's name by clicking the pen icon next to the name.
- See: each Stage, which step in the Pipeline it is, if it is required before another Stage in the Pipeline, and whether this Stage is in- or outsourced.
- Add new Stages to the Pipeline and set rules for them by clicking either of the +Add stage buttons.
How to add a new Stage to a Pipeline
To add a new Stage to a Pipeline click either of the +Add stage buttons. You will see a pop-up box that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Select a Stage from the Stage drop down box.
- Enter an alternative name for the Stage in the Display Name box (optional).
- Select the Step this Stage should appear in your recruitment process.
- Select Required Before if you want this Stage to be completed before another Stage (more about this below.)
- Choose whether you are insourcing or outsourcing the recruitment.
- If you're outsourcing, choose whether to outsource to a manning agent, client or both. Activate Outsource Client if you want your client (if you offer crew management services) to be able to edit specific Pipeline Stages. If you don’t select this they can only view the candidate’s information.
- Choose whether you want ex-crew members to be able to skip this Stage.
To select an option, slide the button across in the bar. When it shows blue, that option is activated. Click Save when you're done.
Take a look at the example below:
- We've included an English Test as part of the 2nd Engineer pipeline.
- We’ve set this Stage as the 1st Step in the recruitment process and stated that the English Test must be uploaded before Step 2 (Document Validation).
- We are outsourcing this recruitment to a manning agent who can edit this Stage. e.g. if your manning agent deals with English testing for you, select Outsource Manning.
- We want ex-crew who have already passed an English Test to be able to skip this Stage.
Back on the main Pipeline page you will now see this:
How to edit a Stage in the Pipeline
If a Stage is able to be edited you will see a pen icon next to it on the main Pipeline page. Click on it and you will be taken back to the pop-up box where you can make any changes needed.
How to set Steps
- You must select both Step and Required Before.
- If you set an English Test at Step 1 and set Required Before to Step 6 the test can be taken and dealt with while the next Steps are under process but it must be completed before Step 6 can be started.
To change the order of the Stages, click the 3 horizontal lines on the left to drag and drop that Stage. Only Stages that can be edited can be dragged and dropped.
How to edit or delete a Pipeline
On the main Pipelines page, next to the relevant Pipeline click the pen icon to edit it or the trash can icon to delete it:
Some notes about Pipelines
When you create a Pipeline for a vessel, you can let your Clients (your 3rd party clients) edit and approve any Stages in their vessel’s Pipeline. This could be being involved in the Interview Stage to having the final say on whether the candidate is hired. To learn more about adding Clients, take a look at this page.
We hope you found this guide to Pipelines useful but if you have any questions or need any other help, please get in touch here.