The Vessels page is where you can see information about all of your vessels. Log into your Martide account and click Vessels in the menu on the left hand side. You'll go to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Add a new vessel.
- Filter your vessels by Technical Manager Vessel Name and Vessel Status.
- See a vessel's name IMO number of crew Master and Chief Engineer status flag and crew list.
- Display and edit a vessel's details.
How to add a new vessel
To add a new vessel click the Add Vessel button at the top of the page:
You will be taken to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Upload an image of your vessel or a logo.
- Enter the vessel's details: Name manager's flag IMO number of TEU MMSI and management start & end dates.
- Add contact information: Crew Operator Technical Superintendent Designated Person Ashore Procurement Officer Vessel Operator the vessel's email address and sat phone number. (See a note about this below.)
- Add an Emergency contact and a note for them.
- Select a Wage Scale.
- Add the vessel's specifications: Type ECDIS speed flag trading pattern special equipment year built AIS name and class call sign and cargo.
- Add the vessel's dimensions: Length width draught and gross tonnage.
- Upload the vessel's documents.
- Select the billing contact.
When you’re finished click the blue Save button at the foot of the page.
A note about contact details
When you select a name in the vessel's Crew Operator Technical Superintendent Designated Person Ashore Procurement Officer and Operator options the relevant stage in the Pipeline settings will be assigned to that person and they will be notified by the system that the stage has been assigned to them.
Once you’ve saved your vessel you will see a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Toggle between Vessel Details Crew On Board and Working Gear information by clicking on the tabs at the top (see image above.)
On the Vessels Details tab you can:
- Scroll down the page to see all the details you added when creating the vessel.
- Edit any details by clicking the pen icon in each section.
- Add additional info such as your vessel's email login and password more vessel specifications engine specs last position previous vessel names and previous managers.
On the Crew tab you can:
- Add your vessel's budget and the currency.
- Add your crew numbers: Planned Crew Minimum Safe Manning and Handover Duration.
On the On Board tab you can:
- See who is on board and their rank.
- Their actual left home date actual sign on date and estimated arrived home date.
- Run an on board report by date.
- Download a crew list to an Excel spreadsheet.
On the Working Gear tab you can:
- See what working gear has been ordered for each crew member on the vessel.
How to upload documents
To upload your vessel’s documents scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see the Documents section.
To upload documents click on +Add Document. This pop-up box will open:
Here you can:
- Enter the document’s name.
- Select its type - i.e. Flag Registration Certificate or Class Certificate.
- Enter the document number and select its country of issue.
- Enter the document’s start and end dates.
- Upload a copy of the document from your computer by clicking +Add Attachment - see below:
You can add as many attachments/documents as you like. To remove a document click the trash can icon on the right.
How to add planned crew minimum safe manning & handover duration
Click on Crew at the top of the page:
You will go to this page:
In the image above you can see the four sections: Currency Planned Crew Minimum Safe Manning and Handover Duration (Days).
How to set the vessel’s budget and currency
Click the pen icon in the Currency section. You will then see this:
Enter your vessel’s budget and select the currency from the drop down box.
How to set your planned crew numbers
Click the pen icon in the Planned Crew section. You will see this:
Scroll down the page to see all seafarer ranks and set your planned crew numbers for that vessel by clicking the plus and minus icons. Click the blue Save button at the bottom when you’re done:
The minimum safe manning and handover duration days work in exactly the same way.
How to see who is on board your vessel
There are two ways to see who is onboard. 1) Click on Crew List on the main Vessels page or 2) Click on On Board at the top of a vessel's entry:
Both will go to this page:
Here you can:
- See the seafarers onboard your vessel including their rank name actual left home date actual sign on date and estimated arrived home date.
- Filter the onboard report by date by clicking the blue Report Date button.
- Filter the seafarers by rank or name from A-Z or Z-A by clicking the 3 lines next to Rank and Name.
- Download the onboard report as an Excel spreadsheet by clicking the download arrow icon at the top of the page.
- Use the Assembly feature by clicking the download arrow icon at the top of the page.
- Go to a seafarer's profile by clicking on their name.
How to filter your vessels
If you have a large fleet you can filter your vessels to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
At the top of the main Vessels page you will see a funnel icon:
When you click the funnel icon a side box will open up and you can filter your vessels by Technical Manager Vessel Name and Vessel Status:
- Click on Technical Manager and you will see a drop down list of any technical managers you have entered in the system. Click on one or more of them to filter your vessels by them.
- Click on Vessel Name and you will see a drop down list of all of the vessels you have entered into the system. Click on one or more of them to filter your vessels by name.
- Click on Vessel Status and you will see a drop down list of statuses: Active and Archived. Click on one or more of them to filter your vessels by status.
How to display or edit a vessel
On the main Vessels page click a vessel’s name to open its profile. Click the pen icons to edit any of its sections.
We hope you've found this guide to your Vessel page useful. To find out how to add vessels to Vessel Groups for easier filtering and sorting take a look here. And if you need any other help please contact us here.