We created the English Test feature to make it easier for you to see which candidates have knowledge of the language so you can decide whether to hire them. Here’s how to use the feature.
Understanding the English Test feature
Log in to your Martide account and click on Settings in the drop down menu under your profile picture. Then click on English Test:
When you click on English Test you will see this page. We have already added an English Test and countries that are exempt from taking the test:
Here you can:
- Choose which countries you want to skip the test. So if you hire seafarers from countries that have English as a native/second language you might not want them to take the test. You can add as many exempt countries as you like. Click in the Exception Countries box and type the first few letters of the country's. Candidates from those countries will not see the test in their recruitment pipeline.
- Add an English Test.
- Edit or delete an English Test by clicking the pen icon (edit) or trash can icon (delete).
How to add an English Test
Click the Add English test button at the top. You will see this pop-up box:
Here you can:
- Select the English Test you want to use from the drop down box.
- Enter the minimum score that anyone taking the test must achieve. This score is your pass/fail rate.
- Click Save when you're done.
Note: If you don't see the English Test you need, please contact email@example.com and we will add one for you.
Click the little pen icon to the right of the name of the English Test:
How to check a candidate’s English Test score
Go to the Candidates Page and you will see a list of all of your applicants.
Click on a candidate's name and you will be taken to their profile where you can see all their information:
Either click on English Test in the header shortcut bar - see above outlined in red - or scroll down the page where you’ll find the English Test section towards the bottom:
You can see that in our example above, the candidate passed his test with a score of 95. If he had failed, the section would instead look like this:
How to add a candidate's English Test results
Click on the blue text that says + Add English test (see the image above.) You will see this pop-up box:
Here you can:
- Select the test you used from the English Test Type drop down menu.
- Enter the candidate’s test score in the box below.
- Upload the candidate’s results/correct answers.
- Upload the candidate’s failed test results (if they have any.)
- If the candidate got a perfect score and didn’t fail any questions, click the No failed questions box. The pop-up box will change to look like this:
Notes about the English Test feature
- You can upload as many English Test results for each candidate as you want.
We hope you’ve found this page about using the English Test function useful but if you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org