In Martide there is a feature called Discharge Reason. This lets you add a reason why you ended a contract with a seafarer to their profile so other users in your system are aware, and you know for future reference. Here’s how to use the feature.
Using Discharge Reason
Log in to your Martide account and click Settings in the menu under your profile picture and then Discharge Reason:
You will go to this page:
Here you can:
- Add a new Discharge Reason.
- Sort the reasons from A-Z or Z-A by clicking the arrow next to the header ‘Reason’.
- Search your Discharge Reasons.
How to add a new Discharge Reason
To add a new Discharge Reason, click the blue Add Discharge Reason button at the top of the page:
You will see this pop-up box:
Here you can:
- Enter a reason for discharging a seafarer in the box.
When you click Save, the new reason will appear on the main page:
You can edit or delete your reasons by clicking the pen and paper icon to edit and the trash can icon to delete it.
Where to add a Discharge Reason
To set a Discharge Reason for a seafarer, go to their profile page and scroll down to the Employment section:
Click Add manual employment (see above) and you will see this pop-up box:
When you add manual employment for a seafarer you can select the Discharge Reason from the menu in the drop down box (see above.)
A couple of notes about Discharge Reasons
- The Discharge Reason will only be visible to your company - i.e. seafarers and manning agents will not be able to see it.
- You need to add permissions for your User Groups to be able to view, edit and delete Discharge Reasons. You can do this on your User Groups page.