In Martide you’ll find a feature called Discharge Reason. This allows you to add a reason why you ended a contract with a seafarer to their profile so that other users in your system are aware and you know for future reference. Here’s how to use the feature.
Using Discharge Reason
Log in to your Martide account and click on Settings in the menu under your profile picture and then on Discharge Reason:
That will take you to this page:
Here you can:
- Add a new Discharge Reason.
- Sort the reasons from A-Z or Z-A by clicking the 3 lines next to the header ‘Reason’.
How to add a new Discharge Reason
To add a new Discharge Reason click the blue Add Discharge Reason button at the top of the page:
That will show you a pop-up box that looks like this:
Here you can:
- Enter your reason for terminating the contract in the box and click Save.
When you click Save the new reason will appear on the main page:
You can edit or delete your reasons by clicking the pen and paper icon to edit and the trash can icon to delete it.
Where to add a Discharge Reason
To set a Discharge Reason for a seafarer go to their profile page and scroll down to the Employment section:
Click on Add manual employment (see above) and you will see this pop-up box:
When you add manual employment for a seafarer you can select the Discharge / Contract Termination Reason from the menu in the drop down box (see above.)
A couple of notes about Discharge Reasons
- The Discharge Reason will only be visible to your company - i.e. seafarers and manning agents will not be able to see it.
- You need to add permissions for your User Groups to be able to view edit and delete Discharge Reasons. You can do this on your User Groups page.