The Recruitments page is where you can add new candidates that you may want to hire in the future to the database.
A few notes about the Recruitments page
Martide has two pages which are similar, Recruitments and Assignments. The difference is:
- Recruitments: this is where you add candidates to the database so that you can potentially hire them in the future.
- Assignments: this is where you hire a specific seafarer for a specific vessel on a specific contract.
Other things to know:
- A Recruitment has no expiry date and can be displayed on the public Find Job page to collect candidate resumes.
- When a candidate applies to a Recruitment and they are approved, they will move to the Seafarer database and can then be applied to open Assignments.
- Recruitments can’t be shared by employers with manning agents. Instead there are two ways for crew managers to apply candidates: Make the position public OR create a candidate profile and apply them to the position yourself.
To view the Assignments support page, please click here.
Understanding the Recruitments page
To get started, log into your Martide account and click on Recruitments in the menu on the left. You will go to this page:
Here you can:
- Add a new Recruitment.
- Filter your existing Recruitments by Vessel Type, Seafarer Rank, Number of Applied Candidates and Visibility.
- View information about the Recruitment: Vessel Type, Rank, Number of Candidates Applied, Number of Candidates Recruited and Status.
- Sort results from A-Z / Z-A or 0-9 / 9-0 by clicking the 2 arrows next to Vessel Type, Rank, Recruited and Status.
How to add a new Recruitment
Click the blue Add recruitment button on the top of the page:
You will go to a page that looks like this:
Note that there are 2 parts to adding a Recruitment: Basic Information and Required Documents. First we're going to add the Basic Information.
On this page you can:
- Enter Vessel Type, Rank and Trading Area. Vessel Type and Rank are both mandatory. Trading Area is optional.
- Select the relevant Data Template and Candidate Pipeline.
- Enter how many candidates of this rank and for this vessel type you require. (Optional.)
- Enter your minimum and maximum budget and the currency type. (Optional.)
- Enter the visa(s) you need candidates to hold. (Optional)
- Enter the contract length and variance.
- Enter the time with a technical operator that you need a candidate to hold and select whether that's in years or months. (Optional.)
- Enter the time in rank that you need a candidate to hold and select whether that's in years or months. (Optional.)
- Enter the time on a vessel that you need a candidate to have and select whether that's in years or months. (Optional.)
- Add a job description (Optional.)
- Make the Recruitment public to advertise your job on Martide's website.
Click the Next button when you’ve finished. That will take you to the Required Documents page. You will not be able to change anything there, it is just for your information.
Required documents for a Recruitment
The Required Documents page when you are creating a Recruitment looks like this:
Here you can:
- See which documents a candidate must have to be able to apply for the position.
- See which documents that a candidate must have in order for them to be recruited.
Please note that unless you have used Alternative Documents to override your Data Template, only candidates holding all relevant documents will be able to apply.
Click the Publish Your Job button when you’ve finished. You will go to your Candidate Pipeline Stage pages where you can approve or reject candidates for each of the pre-set stages.
How to approve or reject candidates
The first Candidate Pipeline Stage page you see looks like this. In our example we have 2 candidates.
The first page you see will always be the Awaiting stage and the last one will always be the Recruited stage. The stages you see in between will be whatever stages you set in that particular Candidate Pipeline i.e. Negotiation, Document Validation, Visa, Personal Info etc.
Here you can:
- See the name and status of all candidates: Pending, Approved or Rejected.
- See the Pipeline stages for this Recruitment at the top.
- See who this stage has been assigned to and how many people are watching it.
- Click on a candidate to view their details on the right hand side and then approve them for that stage by clicking the Approve button, or reject them by clicking the Reject button.
- Add a new candidate by clicking the Add candidate button.
- See what your job advert looks like on Martide's website by clicking the square and arrow icon next to the word Recruitment at the top.
When you click the Approve button you will see a green notification saying Stage approved, the candidate's status will change to Accepted and they will have been moved to the next stage in your Pipeline. Click on that to continue approving or rejecting candidates as you want:
Tracking a candidate through the Pipeline
In our example above we approved Rudy Armstrong’s Awaiting stage of the Pipeline. We can now click on the next stage in the Pipeline. In our example, it's Negotiation. That will take us to a page that looks like this:
Here you can:
- See the stage of the Pipeline that this candidate is at.
- Enter the terms of Negotiation (or enter/upload other relevant info depending which Stage you are on.)
- Click on any of the headings: Awaiting, Negotiation, Visa, Recruited etc. to see which other candidates are at that stage.
- Approve or reject a candidate at any stage.
- Add another/more candidate(s).
When you have completed all the stages that are specified by your Candidate Pipeline, the last page you will see is the Recruited stage:
Here you can:
- Approve the candidate and add them to the database by clicking the Approve button.
- Reject the candidate by clicking the Reject button.
- Return to the Recruitment by clicking the Back to recruitment button.
How to add a new candidate to the database
To add a new candidate to the database, click the name of the Recruitment you want to add them to on the main Recruitments page.
In our example, we're going to add a candidate to our Container Ship / Carpenter Recruitment:
When you click on the Vessel Type you will be taken to its Recruitment Pipeline:
To add a candidate, click the Add candidate button at the top (see above).
If you are a crew manager, you will see this pop-up box:
Select the name of the candidate you want to add to this Recruitment Pipeline from the drop down menu.
If you are a manning agent, you will go to this page where you can see the job details and select a candidate from the list of names available to you:
How to edit your Recruitments
On the main Recruitments page, click the pen icon next to the Recruitment you want to edit:
That will take you back to the Recruitment's Basic Information and Required Documents sections where you can make your changes:
How to filter your Recruitments
When you have a lot of Recruitments, you can make it easier to find the one you're looking for with the Filter function. To do this, click on the funnel icon at the top of the main Recruitment page:
When you click the funnel icon, the filters menu will open:
Here you can:
- Search the filters in the search bar at the top.
- Filter your Recruitments by Vessel Type, Rank, Applied Candidates and Visibility (Public or Private.)
And that’s it! Using the Recruitment page will help you build a larger database so that you can fill positions more easily in the event that you don’t have any ex-crew to assign to a vacancy.
A note about Users and Watchers
The person who you assign a Pipeline Stage to may be a User It could be one of your company's users or it could be the Crew Manager, for example.) As an assigned person they will need to take action.
Or they may be a Watcher. This means they will just be kept up-to-date but don't have to do anything. When a Stage is assigned to someone, they will get a Notification and if they need to take action, it will be added to their My Tasks page.
We hope you've found this guide helpful but if you need any additional help or if you experience any technical difficulties please get in touch with us here.